⇢ Chapter 26.

Chapter 26.

"Mr. Todoroki, I'm sure you heard what Mr. Sasaki said about your father;s past involving you, correct?" Kurono questions.

"Yes, I heard. It was a really nice way of putting it..." Touya says.

"So, please, tell us what really happened?" Kurono asked.

"Your honor, Mr. Todoroki isn't the one in trial, so his past has no bearing to this case!" Tensei interjected, raising a hand.

"It does, your honor. Mr. Todoroki is caring for the child and we are concerned for her safety." Kurono states.

"Keep it brief, Mr. Kurono" Judge warns Kurono.

"Yes, your honor. So, Mr. Todoroki, please tell the court about your time at home." Kurono asks.

"The old man... my father always had this idea of having the perfect child. When I didn't want to follow his rules, we would fight. Even though half the time it was me," Touya says, knowing he wasn't the best son either.

"And the abuse on your mother?" Kurono asked.

Touya looked at him like he wanted to kill him, "my mother was never hit, yeah, he was mentally and verbally abusive but he never laid a finger on her." Touya snapped back. "I wasn't innocent either..." Touya mumbles under his breath.

"Do you feel that the child is safe with your father?" Kurono asked.

"Eri! Her name is Eri, not 'the child'. And yes, she is safe with my mother and father." Touya says, glaring at Kurono, knowing what he saying were things he shouldn't, but loves seeing him pissed off.

"How can you be so sure? You haven't spoken to your family in years." Kurono says with a hint of aggravation.

"I might not be around them, but that doesn't mean I don't know what's going on in their lives. Like I know my parents went to therapy, my sister married a really good guy and she's having her first child, my brother is playing in one of the top baseball college and having a really good chance of going pro and my little brother is doing good in school, he just has a very questionable taste in partners..." Touya says with a small laugh. "I know my family is good. Just like I know they love Eri. So, yes, I believe she is safe with my parents." Touya finalizes.

"What about the Aizawa's? You lived next to them for almost a year. Even after having an affair with Hizashi," Kurono asks. Everyone was shocked to hear that Touya slept with Hizashi.

"That was way before they got married. They weren't even together when we slept together. And I didn't even know who he was then. I was just a mistake." Touya states. Nemuri and Toshinori knew about Hizashi's mistake, but they didn't know he lived next door.

"Even so, you still had a relationship with him and now you're friends with his husband. Maybe you join in with them?" Kurono questions. Touya was slowly getting pissed off because he knew what Kurono was trying to do.

"No, they never asked nor do they ever want to. They are too much in love to be with someone else. No one can break them apart!" Touya explains, glancing at Chaski, who seemed angry.

"And what's your relationship with the child?" Kurono asked, crossing his arms.

"My relationship with Eri is that like a brother and sister." Touya explains.

"Yes, letters, correct? Didn't she get in trouble for that?" Kurono asked.

"Not for the letters—" Touya says before getting cut off.

"But she did get in trouble?" Kurono pushes again.

"Yes, because she was outside without permission and got locked out." Touya said.