⇢ Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

Shota woke up after only sleeping for two hours, he decided to make breakfast for everyone, until he heard Hizashi walking in the kitchen. "Hey babe, couldn't sleep?" Hizashi asked softly as he wraps his arms around Shota waist, kissing his neck.

"No. I'm just nervous about this meeting. I just don't understand why he wants them there..." Shota says almost in a whisper with a small sigh.

"I don't know either but it's gonna be okay. Let's hope for the best and if he wants to take it to court, we have Shark Jr." Hizashi says with a laugh. Shota let's out a small laugh.

"Shark Jr, huh?! Who came up with that?" Shota asked through a small chuckle.

"Who else?! His very proud little brother!" Hizashi exclaims with a wide smile.

Shota just laughs, knowing how Tenya basically idolized his brother. "Wake the kids up, breakfast is almost done and I just gotta make Eri's lunch." Shota says as he turns around, kisses Hizashi before shooing Hizashi away.

"Wakey, wakey, little monkeys! Time for school!" Hizashi yells at the top of his lungs causing Shota to jump slightly.

"God damn, he's so loud..." Shota mumbles to himself. As everyone was getting ready and were eating their breakfast, Shota heard someone knocking on the door. Shota wasn't expecting anyone at the moment, so he grew confused as he slowly walks to the door hears Nemuri yelling, "Open the door old man!" Shota stood there, sighs and opened the door for the woman. "About damn time." Nemuri says as she walks in, holding Yuki.

"Hey, what are you--" Shota was cut off when the door pushed back open, revealing Toshinori standing there with bags.

"Sorry, Shota... she got to me this morning, I tried to call but I couldn't." Toshinori says as he shows the bags to Shota with a wary smile. After everyone invited themselves in, Shota found out that Yuu had an emergency and needed to leave early, leaving Yuki to Nemuri. Hitoshi was ordered to bring Yuki to the school so Sosaki could watch him.

"But, she's gonna stay with Eri after school." Shota reminded Nemuri.

"I know but she said it was okay, and besides--Kota loves Yuki and Eri can help. Right, sweetie?" Nemuri says as she pets Eri on her head.

"Yup! I will be the best big sister ever!!" Eri exclaims loudly with a wide smile.

"Okay... if Sosaki says it's fine. Sorry Toshi, it's extra for you." Shota says to Hitoshi. Hitoshi was used to this craziness, so he only shrugged his shoulder. Once the kids left, Shota, Hizashi, Nemuri and Toshinori heads to Tensei's office. Once they arrived, Tensei goes over everything when he suddenly receives a call from his secretary.

"They're here already so I had them waiting in the conference room. Are you guys ready?" Tensei asked, almost testing the others. Everyone nodded their heads, almost in sync as Shota grabs Hizashi's hand for comfort. Hizashi lightly squeezes back to reinsure Shota.

Tensei is in front of everyone when he suddenly stops, telling them to wait outside until he tells them to come in. He goes into the room with his secretary, the adults waiting patiently, almost nervously, until a few moments his secretary comes out and says, "We are ready, please come in."

Shota and Hizashi walks as Nemuri and Toshinori follows close behind them when Shota suddenly stops in his tracks. They look at him, beginning to realize how pale he looked. He was so pale, it looked like he was going to faint at any moment. "Babe, what's wrong?" Hizashi asked worryingly, turning to face Shota and held his hands to Shota's cheeks. "A—Are you okay?"

"Kai-" Shota whispers shakily.

"Hey Sho, how have you been?" Says the man who is seating there with a smirk. Shota's felt as if his heart had stopped when he see his past seating at the table.

The one who he once loved, the one who broke his heart. The bastard who destroyed everything.

—————————————————————————————————————-