⇢ Chapter 21.

Chapter 21.

Shota and Hizashi arrived home and Shota merely sat at the table, still in disbelief. Hizashi had asked everyone to go home knowing Shota wasn't in the best mindset to deal with anyone. "What are we going to tell Eri?" Shota says.

"We have to tell her the truth. She knew that it was a possibility that she will be going with someone. At least it's not foster care. She will be with Enji and he said she will be okay. She's gonna be okay. Just think of it as a sleep over. She will be back." Hizashi says as he tries to comfort Shota.

"How can you be so sure?  You saw what happened in there. Fucking Kai brought up all the things from the past. Now Nori has to take a fucking drug test and the damn Judge didn't even acknowledge Nemuri. Now he thinks she an ex-porn star and Nori is a junkie. So, tell me, Hizashi... how can you be so fucking sure!" Shota shouts, slamming his fist on the table.

"We just have to keep hope Shota. We can't lose it now, or we will lose." Hizashi says as he holds Shota hands. Shota just stays shut.

'How can he stay so positive,' Shota thought to himself. After some time, Eri and Hitoshi arrived home.

"How bad is it?" Hitoshi says when he sees how red Shota's eyes were.

"Sweetie, come here, we have to talk." Hizashi says as he pats the empty spot next to him on the couch. Eri walks over to Hizashi, looking over at Shota who has his head in his hand.

"Papa, what's going on?" Eri asks, her voice quivering in fear.

Hizashi pulls her close and sits her down. "Sweetie, remember when we told you that you may have to live with Nori or Nemuri" Hizashi says. Eri answered back by nodding her head. "Well, the judge decided on something better. You will be staying with Enji. He is getting your room ready and he said that the boys are more then welcome to come to the house so you won't feel so lonely." Hizashi says as he pushes some strands of Eri's hair behind her ears.

"But... I wanna stay here. Why can't I?" Eri cries with tears coming down.

"Oh, sweetie, don't cry." Hizashi says as he picks up Eri and puts her on his lap. "We don't want you to leave either, but the Judge decided it was best. But it will only be temporary. Just think of it as a sleep over! I heard Enji house is huge and Shoto will be there, so you know Pikachu will be there, too. You love when Pikachu comes around!" Hizashi says with a small laugh, making Eri smile as well.

"Can Hitoshi come too?" Eri asks.

"If Hitoshi goes, who will take care of daddy? You know I can't do it since I'm a dumbass," Hizashi jokes with a laugh.

"Yeah, sis. Pops is useless without me. You remember when he almost burnt the kitchen?" Hitoshi says with a grin making Eri laugh.

"Hey! That wasn't my fault, and besides, you was supposed to help me." Hizashi whines.

"Yeah, that's true. Papa is useless." Eri says with another giggle.

"Oh, you think I'm useless, too, huh? You little monkey!" Hizashi's exclaims as he tickles Eri.

"But, I'll come to visit, okay? I kinda wanna see how rich Shoto is..." Hitoshi says making Eri smile.

"When do I have to leave?" Eri asked, a small frown on her lips.

"Sunday." Shota finally spoke as he looks up at Eri.

"Daddy," Eri says as she jumps off Hizashi and runs to Shota. Shota holds Eri, trying so hard not to cry, but failing. Seeing this, Hitoshi and Hizashi began to cry as well, feeling sad as they never saw Shota so heartbroken; so defeated.

"It's gonna be okay, Daddy. I'm just gonna sleepover Enji house. I'll be back and I'll stay with you forever and ever." Eri says as she wipes Shota's tears. He just smiles as he wipes her tears as well.

"And ever." Shota whispers. Shota hugs Eri tighter and Hitoshi just sits next to his dad, placing his head on his shoulder.

Hizashi sits there in his previous spot, sadly watching his family being tear apart. Then, he looks at Shota, who was absolutely heartbroken. 'I need to protect him, protect them,' Hizashi thinks to himself.

——————————————————————————————————————-

🥺🥺💔💔