Change

It's funny how in one sentence your life can be ruined.

It's the day the Holt siblings would never forget, it was sunny but the mood never fit the scene. Matt had taken his sister for a walk to the park, she was 5 and he was 10, they were more mature for their age and their parents allowed them more freedom than normal.
They were walking back as they saw a fire truck race down the road, turning left at the lights. Toward their home.
Matt raced down the road and on to their street his little sister in tow, the smoke thickened as he neared. It choked Katie as she followed Matt, until they reached the heart of the devastation and he stopped dead in his tracks.
Their once happy home was reduced to nothing but a broken ghost of their half shattered family.

-§-

A social worked stood off side letting them wander through out their shattered home once the fire was out,picking up some discarded things. Matt picked up the family photo that once stood proudly on the mantle piece and Katie chose her slightly singed purple bunny toy.
They were finally ushered in to the car, eyes brimming with tears as they watched their house slowly fade, driving further and further away from their memories.

From their parents.

-§-

Months had past and no family would take them, at least not them both. Interview after interview always ended up in fights after one would be picked but not the other until one couple showed up. They were in their 30s, the man much taller with glasses and amber eyes. The woman was kind and soft looking also with glasses and brown hair. They were loving towards the siblings, talking to them as if they were adults. The children immediately took a liking to them especially as they wanted the both of them. The pair, who were named Colleen and Sam, had decided to adopt the Holts.
In 3 days they would be free, they would have a family again.
——————————————
Welcome to You are my reason, hope you have enjoyed it so far. I will be updating as soon as I can. Sorry it's a bit short.
Blue belle x