Smiling through a storm

"I've figured out his plan" Matt began as we sat in a circle in Katie's room, "when we were younger our parents created this crystal"
He said holding up the turquoise crystal that once sat on Katie's desk.

"It could heal people in extraordinary ways, more than normal medical methods. Anyway, they created this and sold it to your father, Allura, to be used in Altea Hospital to treat more people. However they also got an offer to sell it to Galra Hospital but refused as they thought it wouldn't be put to any good use over there. You know drugs and stuff."

He continued to talk about it whilst Katie looks bewildered, she had never known this of her parents.

"When they refused there was a lot of anger from them, there were threats to take Katie, kill us all or ...

...set a fire"

"Our parents would send us out a lot to avoid us being in the house if anything happened and a security detail called the blade of Mamora would watch and always be close if we needed help. I always thought the fire that killed Mom and Dad Was an accident but a small bit of me thought it was a threat come true."

Tears formed in the frail girls eyes as she shifted forms to the galra form, this was Keiths chance. He looked at Matt as if to ask for permission to be alone with her. "Guys should we go get some snacks and drinks and take a break for 5 and come back to this." Everyone nodded in agreement but Katie sat frozen in place. Once every had left Keith made his way over to her.

"Katie? Are you ok?"

He reached out to her and brushed her arms, waking her from her trance.

"My parents were murdered" she said her voice near silent and he sat down by her. Katie turned in to Keiths chest and cried silently as he held and rocked her.

"I-I love you Katie, I know you hate me and you don't remember us and I hurt you. I'm sorry. I love you forever and always Katie Holt."

Her test stained eyes looked in to his void of purple.

"I remember everything, Keith, I just thought you would hate me too much so I kept it to myself. I love you too"

Keiths face lit up as he beamed at her, with that he kissed her small, soft lips and she kissed his delicately back.

"Katherine Holt, my best friend, neighbor and love, will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"

"As long as you don't go missing again, dumbo" she laughed and he laughed at the sound of her sweet voice and the angelic smile on her face Made his heart flutter.

"Now lets get downstairs to the others and figure out this plan" Keith announced as he slung his arm around Katie's shoulders and walked her out her room to the others that were gathered in the living room talking in hushed voices.
"Do you think they'll get back together or just friends?"
"I think they'll get back together or I hope so!"

"I think your right." Keith said as they walked in a smirked wide on his face.
"REALLY?!?!???!!!!!!!" They all unanimously shouted.

"Yes, Now Matt get on with it." Katie said, cuddling up to Keith in the bean bag.

"Yes, right, where was I? Oh yeah, so I have a suspicion that the fire that killed Mom and Dad wasn't an accident and also the car accident, a purple car right? All of Lotors family and crew have purple cars. I think it was intentional. You see, if me, Pidge, Allura and Alfor are all dead it means the Galra can use the crystal for bad things, such as enhancing their drugs and making people in to the purple creatures or half breeds. They're trying to make an elite race of the Galra but to do so they need to eliminate us."

Katie now was basically on Keith's lap and crying again. But Matt had to continue.

"Katie, you said something about the masquerade ball? I think that's when they are planning to strike. Allura you are on the committee but so is Acxa so I think that's how they are getting their information so we can't change the date without them knowing, But if we know their plan we can find a way to stop them."

Matt was thinking relentlessly about what they would try to do, and how they would stop it.

"Matty?" Katie spoke from her seat. "You said that the Blade Of Mamora were a secret service type that looked after us right?" He nodded in response wondering where she was going with it. "What if we employ them to watch the Masquerade dance?"

He smiled at his sisters idea. "That's a good idea but we still need to figure out what they are going to do. Do you remember anything else?"

"Just that no one would figure them Out in the masks but it'll all go boom." She made a gesture with her hands to symbolise an explosion "but I thought it was all a joke." She suddenly realised the significance of the movement.

"What if not all of you were there?" Keith said raising everyone's attention.
"What do you mean Keith?"

"I mean what if only one of you was there? Or none? Would they still go through with it?" He said and Shiro looked between his little brother and Matt.
"Maybe not but it's too risky with that many lives at stake. The entire school will be there."

"We need to figure them out before the masquerade ball and stop them"

They all looked between each other with solemn eyes.

"Why can't our teenage years be normal?" Lance piped up causing laughter between them.

They were smiling through a storm,
Together.