Silent suffering

Katie hadn't left her room in days, Matt went to her only to find her tear stained or still crying. the blinds were now always shut only emmiting the very few rays of sunlight arond the edges.
She rarely ate and if she did she would be sick shortly after, she was slowly becoming sicker and sicker. Colleen and Sam worried endlessly about their beloved child despite her telling them to not "waste their time with someone like her" it broke their hearts to hear her harsh remarks. They all tried to get her out, she even refused to go to school nowadays just so she avoided seeing the others, especially Keith. She couldn't even stand to see him,

It made her sick to her stomach every time,

It made tears crowd her eyes at every laugh,

It brought pain every smile.

-§-

It was April 3rd.
Katie's birthday, the now dreaded day. Matt knocked gently on the door, "Pidge?" He said Softly "no" was reply, as usual. He pushed the door a little further until she threw a pillow and grunted "GET OUT MATHEW" and with that he left her alone.
Katie went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.
She looked long and hard, over every aspect, every little detail, every Line.

Everything she hates.

She looked at her hair, the knotted locks falling to her lower back, running her fingers through it she grabbed her green painted scissors and cut.

Snip

Snip

Snip

Katie stared at her hair that lay on the floor before her, then to the mirror the somber golden eyes meeting golden eyes. Her hair now cut off at the end of her shoulders with curly ends.
She looked at the scissors again, thinking of everything that's happened recently. Thinking of all the pain that's demanded to be apart of her. The darkness grown inside of her in absence of  love. She reached for the scissors again yet this time tears pleaded with her eyes, her throat holding shelter to a chocking sob. She held up the scissors to her wrist and slowly slide them across.
Katie felt an odd sense of freedom as she slide it across, the blood delicately dropped down her wrist to her finger tips as she fell against the wall crying.
'What have I come too?'
She asked her self as she cried.
'Why must I always suffer silently '