Gone

"You don't even care if I'm happy do you? No because YOU just wanted Matt not me. You're not even my real parents and you never will be so just stop telling me that I can't see my boyfriend just because YOU don't like him!" Pidge screamed at Colleen and Sam. "Now Katie,- that's not true we both-" Sam began "NO DONT CALL ME KATIE AND I DONT CARE" she screamed in his face. "Just leave me alone." She said quietly before running up the stairs and slamming her door.
"Teenagers" Matt said breaking up the awkward silence, "it's not true we wanted both of you" Colleen cried out and Sam attempted to comfort her. Hamilton began to boast about the house as Pidge played it at full volume, "KATIE TURN THE DOWN" Sam bellowed but his instructions weren't followed. In her room, pidge was packing up all her things, she was grabbing her clothes and putting them in her favourite green bag. She took the ring necklace the old Keith had given her, her purple rabbit, the crystal and a picture of herself and her brother.

Keith was sat at his desk sharpening a knife when the music blasting out startled him, minutes later he watched as the small girl clambered out the window. She looked at him as he gave her a confused look before she put her middle finger up at him and dropped on to the wall and ran out toward the street. His confusion soon turned to concern as he went to find Shiro.

Katie was running down the road, her feet hitting the floor automatically as her mind reeled around what has just happened. She didn't know where she was going, she just ran.

"I'm going to break this speakers" Sam stated getting up, "no wait dad I'll go, please" Matt said knowing Sam going to her will make it worse. "She didn't mean what she said" he spoke soothingly as he hugged his mom and started for the stairs "I'll talk some sense in to her."

Matt knocked on the door and waited patiently.

No answer.

He knocked again, louder and sharper.

No answer.

He pushed the door open, revealing the abandoned mess.

She was gone.