Never the same

Pidge Pov
I heard the trap door open to the basement and I cowered further in to the darkest corner in the basement, paralysed with fear.

The footsteps weren't the ones I'd grown to fear, they were more agile and lighter.

I wonder if someone had come to rescue me.

I felt my body shift and change in to my Galran form and immediately I grew warmer and could hear the intruders footsteps clearer. They were some what familiar, the pace, the weight. It was...

I don't know.

Keiths PoV
I could hear them breathing. The shallowed methodical breaths matching my own. I searched the room slowly and cautiously to avoid scaring Katie in the corner.

At least I thought it was her.

As I neared her, she backed away the chains clinking along with her. Her once small figure had been transformed in to a bloody, beaten mess with two purple ears on her head and a long purple tail wrapping around her ankles.

I recognised almost immediately what he had done.' She's a half breed but a man made one.
I didn't even know this was possible?' My brain plagued me with a million thoughts before silencing as she whimpered and began scratching at the chain digging in around her neck.

"Hey it's ok. Katie it's me,Keith? It's ok I'm going to get you out of here" I spoke soothing tones as I walked slowly and put my hand out proving I am who I said.  "K-keith?" She said near silently. I moved toward her and took off all her chains before carrying her out. "Shiro! Shiro she's here!" The boys ran out to her and we took her home. By the time we arrived she was passed out against my chest and I didn't stop smiling. She was home. I put her in bed and waited for her to wake up. When she did I told her that I was here and she was safe.
"It's Keith, remember me Katie Cat?" I said softly to her.

"I-I remember Keith. He hates me ,he forgot me, he lied, he hit, he hates, he hates ,he hates..." she  repeated over and over making tears sting my eyes as I saw her pain.

Her golden specked honey eyes had lost their light and scars littered her face. Tears mixing with blood dripping on to the cold concrete floor.

"He left me"

I couldn't believe that's what he has made her think.

"He hates me"

I was pained by her words.

"N-no! I love you!" I grabbed at her hands and she looked up at me, her eyes soullessly starring through me.

"He lied to me" and with that I ran. 
I just kept running and didn't look back.

She'll never be the same.