One step ahead

Keith didn't go back to the Holt residence for weeks, nor did Katie leave the Holt residence for weeks. Matt was beginning to worry about her, the curtains always open but Keiths were always shut, she barely spoke or ate and often never calmed down. He decided that this had to stop for her benefit so she waited till late in the evening and knocked politely on her door.

"Pidge?" He spoke quietly and calmly as to not scare her "Yes Matt come in" She seemed happy. "I want to talk about what happened, it'll help I promise." He looked up at her and she seem to agree that it was time. "Ok let's do it," He had already thought of all the questions "did he mention anything of a bigger plan? When he was you know-?" She knew what he meant as he danced around the word 'torture'.
"He said about his dad finally being proud? And he'd finally get the crystal with all of us gone and then started talking about the masquerade ball. He said we would all be there and it'll be the end, that it'll go up in a bang." Matts eyes widened, "we need Shiro and the others now" he panicked knowing what this meant but Katie sat calmly oblivious to the significance.

Lotor was planning to kill them all,

At the masquerade ball,

In 2 months.

"Shiro, come on pick up please" Matt said to the ringing phone in his hands.
'Hello?' A groggy voice appeared on the other end of the line.
"Shiro thank god! You need to get Allura and Keith to my house now! I know what Lotor is planning and it is not good!"  Matt mumbles quickly.
'Ok ok we will be right over," as he said that the phone line disconnected and about 5 minutes later all 5 were gathered in Katie's room.
"I've called Lance and Hunk they should be here soon," Katie look around at them awkwardly from her position on the bed, she look at Keith. She had regained the memories Lotor had twisted with the help of Matt explaining what had happened and the real truth, but she was too scared to talk to him after what she said.

She assumed he wouldn't want to see her ever again, unbeknownst to her, his heart aches for her back but assumed she wouldn't want to see him.

Keith was shifting the weight between his feet methodically whilst off in a far away thought.
He wanted to talk to her but didn't know how.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the other pair arriving and Matt began to explain.
"We are finally one step ahead of THEM!"

———————————————————————-
Hey! Sorry it's been so long! Trying to balance school and writing is proving a challenge but thank you for 1k!!!
I Really didn't think it would get this popular but thank you for that!
-BlueBelle xx