He's a Jerk

Jungkook thought about his day as he walked home. He had had so much fun with Jimin and his friends. They actually thought Jungkook was cool!

If it wasn't for Taehyung, Jungkook could have made friends even sooner. Jungkook was walking to his home when he noticed his grandma standing on a crossing on the next turn. He was just going to wave to her when he noticed someone.

Jungkook saw a tall, brown haired boy standing next to her. He couldn't see clearly but as he walked closer, he recognised the boy... Taehyung?

"What is Taehyung doing here?" Jungkook thought as he ran towards his grandma. He wanted to reach before Taehyung did something to her. He ran towards her but he saw Taehyung walking away.

"Grandma!" Jungkook said as he slowed down. Taehyung was gone by then.

"Oh Jungkook!" His grandma said when she saw him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Oh. I was just out to buy some grocery. Good that we met here. Help me carry these bags. Let's go home." His grandma told him.

"Okay," he said as he took the bags from her and they walked home, "You shouldn't work so much grandma. I could have also bought grocery for you!"

"I'm not as useless as you think I am Jungkook! I can also work sometimes." His grandma argued.

"As you say grandma..."

As they walked, Jungkook wondered about Taehyung.

"Who was that boy standing near you? Did he trouble you grandma?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh dear! I forgot to ask his name. He was so kind. He helped me carry my bags and cross the road. It is very difficult to find such polite people these days..." His grandma said.

Jungkook was shocked. "Kind? Are you sure he didn't steal anything from you?" Jungkook confirmed.

"Oh no Jungkook. Why would you say that? He was such a sweet boy." His grandma frowned.

"Sorry grandma." Jungkook apologized. He was now wondering if the boy he saw was actually Taehyung.

"Was it actually him? Maybe I didn't see clearly." Jungkook thought but he knew that his eyes wouldn't betray him. He was so sure that it was Taehyung.

Jungkook dreamt of him that night. He dreamt of his voice. He saw Taehyung singing for him. For him! He held his hand and smiled. "Should I carry your bag for you?" He asked Jungkook.

Jungkook's heart raced fast. He was holding Taehyung's hand when he, out of nowhere, he bent and moved closer to him. He looked into his eyes and leaned in... and...

"BEEP BEEP BEEP" His alarm rang scaring Jungkook as he rolled out of his bed and fell on the floor. He held his head as he got up.

"Oh gosh! It was a dream?" He said to himself as he cleaned his bed and got ready for school.

He kept thinking about his dream. "What were you thinking Jungkook?" He thought, "You disgust me!" He shook his head to get those thoughts out but Taehyung's voice kept playing in his head. He reached the school.

"Come on Jungkook! You know you hate him. How can you dream about something like that? Eww." He said to himself as he entered his class.

The class went like everyday since Taehyung was present. He made fun of Jungkook, angering him, threw paper balls at him and teased him like usual.

Jimin felt bad for him. He thought Taehyung was being unnecessarily mean. He told him to stop but Taehyung just ignored his words.

It was lunch time. Jungkook was walking towards an empty table. He noticed Taehyung and his friends go past him.

Suddenly he felt something hit his leg as he fell forward with his tray of food. It was Taehyung's foot.

His lunch landed on the floor along with Jungkook as he cried in pain.

"What was that for?" Jungkook yelled.

"Oops. Didn't see you there, dork." Taehyung smirked.

"Taehyung! You did it on purpose!" Jimin spoke up to Jungkook's surprise. He was actually confronting Taehyung.

"Come on Jimin-ah. I was just having some fun." Taehyung lightly hit him on his shoulder.

"What fun Tae? What did Jungkook ever do to you?" Jimin asked.

"It was just a joke Chimmy!" Taehyung spoke.

"Well, it wasn't funny. Nothing you ever do to him is funny. It's just cruel. There is a limit for everything Taehyung!" Jimin yelled as he helped Jungkook get up.

"Come on Jungkook. I'll buy you lunch today." Jimin told him.

"Please don't tell me you are going to team up with this dork." Taehyung tried. His smile had been wiped from his face.

"He has a name Taehyung." Jimin argued.

"What's wrong with you man? Aren't you supposed to be on my side?"

"I was, Tae, until you became such a JERK!" Jimin told him as he walked off with Jungkook.

Taehyung stood there. Shocked at what had happened. His anger was boiling. "Fine! Go with your "best friend." I don't need you anyway." He shouted as he walked away with his friends.

All of them sat at their table. No one spoke a word. Taehyung kept poking his lunch but didn't eat a bite. He kept staring at Jimin and Jungkook's table. He was furious.

"Ehm..." Jin cleared his throat, "Don't you think you were a little harsh on him?" He told Taehyung.

Taehyung glared at him.

"Really Tae. That new boy isn't that bad. You should give him a chance!" Hoseok spoke.

"Then why don't you give him a chance!" Taehyung yelled, "I can see that all of you are under his spell of something. New boy this, new boy that... Why don't you just go if you feel so bad? Go and be friends with him. You don't need me anyway, right?"

"Come on man. There is no need to yell at him." Yoongi spoke.

"You know what, just go. He is the angel, I am the monster. Why would you want to stay with me? Go be friends with him okay? I don't need you either." Taehyung was frustrated.

"Tae... You know that's not what we meant..." Jin tried.

"Just shut up Jin! You can be nice. I can't! I know exactly what you meant." Taehyung shouted.

"Hey! That's enough Taehyung. He was just trying to support you but you have made it very clear that you don't need us anymore..." Namjoon spoke, "...Let's go guys. Leave him and his ego alone."

They all got up and started to leave the table. Jin still sat there. He pitied Taehyung.

"You've changed Taehyung..." Hoseok said as he got up and walked away, "Let's go Jin hyung."

They all left. Leaving Taehyung alone at the table. He felt so alone. He felt angry and betrayed... and all of this was because of one person...

"Jungkook." He growled as he broke the chopsticks in his hand.