It's Not Right

Jungkook entered the Diner for his shift with enthusiasm as always. He saw Taehyung run past him, laughing.

"Catch me if you can..." He giggled, as he continued running. Jungkook turned his head to see Yeonjun running towards him. Jungkook quickly moved out of the way and he passed. This was regular stuff. Jungkook smiled as he looked at Taehyung being chased by Yeonjun.

"Give it back!" He yelled as he tried to get it from Taehyung's hands. Taehyung threw a cap, that Jungkook assumed was Yeonjun's, towards Soobin, who gracefully caught it. They were all goofing around.

"You aren't getting it back so soon..." He laughed as he ran away from them. He gave Taehyung a high-five and slipped out of Yeonjun's grip.

Jungkook laughed looking at Taehyung playing with them. He smiled as he looked at how happy Taehyung was, free and playful. He loved the atmosphere. He wished he could spend all his time looking at Taehyung smile.

While still teasing Yeonjun, Taehyung took a quick glance at Jungkook, who was staring at them like an idiot from his place. He raised his eyebrows as if asking him what he was looking at. Jungkook just shook his head and smiled. The boy then winked, making Jungkook blush. He quickly looked away.

As he walked towards his locker, he smiled at how easily Taehyung could make him flustered. That's when a horrible thought occurred to him- Jimin. He remembered how Jimin had told him that he still had feelings for Taehyung. Was it right for Jungkook to still like him? Was he betraying his friend?

"Jungkook, you should stop thinking about him like that. You know Jimin likes him," he thought to himself as he shoved his bag into the locker. "You promised him..."

While he was still contemplating, lost in his own thoughts, he felt a hand hit his back.

"What are you dreaming about, Cinderella?" Taehyung came from behind him, scaring him like always.

"Cinderella isn't the one who dreams, idiot." Jungkook pushed him out of the way and made his way towards the kitchen.

"Well, I'm sorry for not knowing my princesses right..." Taehyung caught up with him as he mocked Jungkook. In return, he just received a death glare. Taehyung raised his arms and motioned zipping his mouth, as if surrendering.

Jungkook smiled from the inside, but then he shook the thought away. "You don't like him, Jungkook. You can't!" He decided to distract himself with work.

"Beomgyu, Soobin, we have to open any time soon. Make sure everything is arranged." He called out, "Yeonjun, it's your duty at the cashier today."

"Okay, Cinderella." He heard from Yeonjun who was in the kitchen.

Jungkook turned around and frowned at him. He heard giggles from the other boys. That's when he realized something was wrong. He sighed as he pulled out the paper stuck to his back. He brought it in front of him and read out loud,

"I AM A PRETTY PRINCESS. CALL ME CINDERELLA."

He rolled his eyes and looked at Taehyung, who was standing far from him, near the door, planning on tip-toeing out of the place before Jungkook saw him. But he was caught.

"Never get rid of your old tricks, do you?" He pursed his lips as he crumpled the paper and threw it at him. It would've hit his head, if he hadn't ducked, but it ended up hitting Chanyeol's head, who had just entered through the door.

"Jackpot!" Soobin laughed. Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Who was this?" Chanyeol angrily stated as he scanned the boys. Jungkook quickly hid behind the counter, leaving Soobin and Beomgyu at the sight of the crime.

"You both!" Chanyeol yelled, but he was interrupted by the entry of a customer. Soobin looked at Taehyung who had shifted the sign on the door to OPEN. He winked and the boys gave him a smile saying that they were grateful.

The customer, who was confused as to why a mad guy was yelling in the middle of the Diner, crossed her eyebrows seeing Chanyeol. He bowed to the customer looking embarrassed and showed her her seat.

They all quickly resumed their jobs.

"You are a life saver hyung!" They both told Taehyung.

"Well, he was the one who got us in trouble in the first place..." Jungkook mumbled as he made the sandwich. Taehyung frowned.

"Don't be so mean, hyung." Beomgyu told him.

"Yeah. I am the mean one right? He is the cool one. You all are like his puppets anyway." Jungkook was irritated. It had only been like a month and a half since Taehyung joined but everyone liked him better that Jungkook.

"Are you jealous of him?" Yeonjun came up to him and stuck his face under Jungkook's to see his expression.

Jungkook quickly pushed him away and walked inside the kitchen. The boys shrugged.

"He's so weird today." They said. But Taehyung wasn't happy.

The whole day Jungkook ignored Taehyung. It wasn't that he was mad at him, but he was mad at himself for being so in love with him. Also, the events in the afternoon had disturbed him even more.

Meanwhile, Taehyung tried to cheer him up in all ways that he could. He made funny faces and tried to joke but in response, Jungkook just ignored him.

"Are you mad at me?" Taehyung asked him.

"Order 302, coming right up!" Jungkook ignored him.

"Look at this chicken nugget, it looks like a clown." Taehyung showed him.

"That makes two of you..." he quickly answered as he walked away.

"Come on, is this still about the note?" Taehyung asked as he followed him around everywhere.

But Jungkook didn't know anymore. It wasn't about that, it wasn't about anything. He didn't know if he was mad at Taehyung for not liking him back, or if he was mad at Jimin or just at himself.

The whole sticking-the-note incident just fired it up. It was as if Taehyung was making an effort to tell him that he disliked him. As if the universe was giving signs to Jungkook to give up on liking him.

"This is the last order!" Jungkook sighed. He was so tired, mentally and physically. He took the pancakes from Taehyung, who had now given up all attempts of apologising. Or so he thought...

But when Jungkook looked down at the pancakes to decorate, he saw something written on it:

"I'm Sorry, Kook.
Tae."

It was written on the pancake with chocolate. Jungkook smiled at the gesture. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't stay mad at Taehyung.

He looked behind him to see Taehyung with a hopeful smile. Jungkook grinned showing his bunny teeth. He had forgiven him.

That day Jungkook was in a dilemma. He loved Taehyung, but there was no way he could be with him.

"I can't do this to Jimin..." That's all he could think about. "It's not right."