It Was Never Him

"So?" Jungkook asked.

"So what? Please, don't make me do this again, Jungkook." Taehyung whined.

It was yet another day at the Diner, where Jungkook spent his entire time asking Taehyung about his feelings for Jimin. He was so tired of this. He wanted to get it over with.

"So, you don't like him?" Jungkook asked. Jungkook hated being Jimin's wingman but he had no choice...

Taehyung glared at him.

"But don't you at least think he is pretty?" Jungkook continued.

"I mean, I guess. But does it really matter what I think? I thought you guys were a couple." Taehyung asked.

"Well, not exactly. It was just a kiss."

"So you are asking me these questions because?"

"I- uh-"

"Exactly. Jungkook, did Jimin put you up to this?" Taehyung asked.

"What? Pfsh. No. Of course not. What are you talking about?"

"Oh my gosh, you are lying! He did put you up this, didn't he?"

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"You have to change your lying phrase. You say that whenever you hide something. It's so easy to spot..." Taehyung told him.

Jungkook frowned, "As if you are any better... Taehyung, was it you who ate Soobin's pudding yesterday?"

"What? Pfsh. No. Of course not. What are you talking ab-" Taehyung's eyes widened with realization.

"Dammit. You're right. I have to change my lying phrase too..." he mumbled. Jungkook smirked in response.

They continued to work for a while. Goofing around, making jokes.

"Do you like him?" Taehyung asked Jungkook.

"Like who?"

"Jimin?"

Jungkook was taken aback by the question. Did Taehyung really not know?

"How does it matter?" He muttered, "No one cares what I think. They just make me do things for them..."

"What? Who is making you do what?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook's eyes suddenly brightened. "No one. But say, someone was forcing me to do something for them. But I don't want to do it. What do I do?"

"If someone is making you do something against your will, you just have to stand, go up to them and say, 'Listen Mr. Whatever, this is my life. And you can't make me do this. I can't and I won't do it for you.'" Taehyung said.

"Wait, that's it?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah. The key is, that you have to stand up for yourself."

Jungkook nodded. This was it. He realized that he had had enough of Jimin's commands. He had to take control of his own life and stand up for himself.

"Thanks Taehyung! That's exactly what I will do." His face gleamed with happiness. Jungkook took his bags.

"You're welcome?" Taehyung started to say, but Jungkook was running outside.