Fashionably Late

Jungkook woke up because of a bright ray of sunshine that struck his eyes. He squinted at the intensity of the sunlight.

He carefully kept his hand on his forehead to be able to see what was around him and noticed an unfamiliar ceiling. Jungkook wondered where he was and shifted to his side. He felt a slight pressure on his left arm.

That's when he saw a sleeping Taehyung beside him and the events of last night occurred to him. He smiled, thinking of the previous night.
The storm, the sad Taehyung, their talk...

That's when he felt his hand being squeezed. Taehyung had tightly hugged Jungkook's arm not allowing him to move it. Jungkook looked at him. He noticed that he was struggling because of the bright sun ray falling on his eyes.

Jungkook immediately lifted his other hand and kept it in front of Taehyung's face, blocking the sunlight. He saw Taehyung's face calm down. Jungkook smiled as he stared at Taehyung's beautiful face. He looked so innocent and peaceful in his sleep.

Jungkook's eyes didn't leave Taehyung till he noticed the time that his watch was showing. It was 7:30 a.m! And they had school!

"Taehyung..." he slowly shook the boy. As much as he wanted to stay the way they were, he had to wake him up for school.

"Taehyung..." he added force.

"Hmm..." Taehyung murmured in his sleep, turning to the other side pulling Jungkook with him.

Jungkook struggled to get out. With loads of effort, he got his hand out of Taehyung's grip and rolled out of the bed. Unfortunately, he landed on the floor with a crash, which fortunately, ended up waking Taehyung.

He rubbed his eyes as he sat up in the bed. He noticed a fallen Jungkook on the floor and narrowed his eyebrows.

Jungkook stood up and dusted himself. Taehyung scratched his head.

"Morning," Jungkook decided to speak.

"Morning?" Taehyung replied. He was still trying to figure out the situation.

"Er- if you're up now, it's 7:40. We have school." Jungkook clarified.

"What? School? Isn't it Sunday?" Taehyung asked as he yawned.

"It's Friday." Jungkook crossed his arms.

"But can it be?..." Taehyung suggested.

"Nice try. But it's Friday. We have music today. I wouldn't want to miss it," Jungkook stated, "And, I don't think you would either."

He received a look from Taehyung in return.

"So come on. Let's get ready. Get up already!" Jungkook energetically said.

"I've never seen anyone be so happy for school," Taehyung complained as he got up lazily, "Except Jimin."

Both of them quickly freshened up and changed into their clothes. Jungkook's clothes weren't dry yet, so Taehyung let him borrow his pair of jeans and a shirt.

"Oh no," Jungkook said, "My school bag..."

"I don't have mine either. I have to go and get it back from Seohyun's house. So, like I said, let's skip school..." Taehyung said.

"No. I think I can manage a day without books. Let's go fast now. It's already 7:55!" Jungkook hurried towards the door.

"Ugh."

As they reached out, Jungkook realized that he did not know this area.

"Do you think school is at a walkable, in mean, runnable distance from here?" He asked Taehyung.

"We are around 5 kilometers off." Taehyung said.

"So how are we going to reach school?"

"My offer is still on... we can miss-"

"How do you normally go to school?" Jungkook asked quickly.

Taehyung thought for a while.

"Just wait here," he said as he ran off somewhere.

"For what? We are getting late!" Jungkook yelled at him but he was gone from his sight.

Jungkook stared at his watch as he fiercely tapped his feet. He looked around but there was no sign of Taehyung. That's when, he saw something. A motorbike was coming near him. It was quite big. Black body with silver playing.

The bike came nearer and stopped just in front of Jungkook. He was surprised. The guy on the bike took of his helmet.

"Let's go," He smiled.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook's mouth fell open.

"It's me."

"Is this yours?" Jungkook asked.

"Having a rich dad had a few benefits..." he said.

"It's so cool." Jungkook stared at the bike. But more than that, he stared at Taehyung.

"Come on. We're getting late. You want to reach school, right?" Taehyung said.

"Are you sure you can... um... ride that thing?" Jungkook gulped.

Taehyung gave him a helmet and signaled him to sit behind. Jungkook took it and hesitantly sat behind him. He tried not to awkwardly touch Taehyung.

"Hold up tight. It might be a rough ride," Taehyung said as he geared the bike.

Jungkook lightly kept his hands on his shoulders. The bike started with speed and Jungkook was pushed forward. His grip tightened as they swiftly rode forward. He felt Taehyung's muscles flex a little.

Jungkook's heart started to beat fast. He was so close to Taehyung. Was this real?

Taehyung rode in speed. Jungkook tightly shut his eyes and hugged Taehyung tightly. His hands gripped tighter at every bump or turn.

"Do you want me to slow down?" Taehyung asked.

"Mhm," Jungkook barely got the sound out of his mouth.

He finally felt himself relax as they stopped right in front of the school. He got down from the bike. Jungkook checked the time. It was already 8:10.

"We're late," He said.

"Fashionably..." Taehyung added. Jungkook just gave him a stern look and they both started running towards the door.