What Happened Last Night

Jungkook locked his house and walked towards his bicycle with a huge bag in his hands. After hearing Taehyung's voice on the phone, he knew he wasn't alright.

He packed him a few rice cakes that were supposed to be Jungkook's dinner since grandma wasn't there. He also took a blanket with him, along with some hot tea in a thermos. He took a few medicines that were laying in his house and a few other things.

As he hung his bag on the bicycle, he heard his phone chime. He took it out of his pocket to check and he saw a text.

'Hey. Can we talk?
    - Jimin'

Jungkook ignored the text and kept the phone back in his pocket. That's when it started ringing again. It was a phone call from Jimin. Jungkook did not have time to waste, so he just declined the call.

Except, he didn't decline the call. By mistake, he clicked on 'answer'.

"Shit!" he cursed at his stupid mistake.

"Hello?" he heard from Jimin.

"Hey, Jimin." He faked a normal voice.

"Did you talk to Taehyung today?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. Jimin, Jimin, Jimin...

"About what?" he managed to say bluntly.

"About us? Like, what did he say about me?"

"Listen, Jimin, I am a little busy right now..."

"Just tell me what he said."

"He didn't say anything."

"Didn't say anything? Four hours at work, and he didn't say anything about me? What do you do in that work place of yours?"

"Um.. We work?"

"Ugh"

"Besides, Taehyung didn't even show up today."

Oh no, Jungkook thought, what did I just say!

"Why didn't he show?" Jimin asked.

"Umm..."

"Did he say anything to you?"

Jungkook didn't want to lie. So, being the nice guy that he is, he ended up telling Jimin everything.

"Oh my god. He is sick? Don't worry, Jungkook. He is my responsibility. I will go and see how he is doing, you don't have to worry about him..." Jimin said firmly.

But I want to! Jungkook thought, he is mine!

".... Plus, I can spend more time with him. Thanks for informing me, Jungkook. You are so nice!"

With that Jimin hung up. Jungkook just stood there with an emotion he could not comprehend. Jealousy? Anger? Frustration? Heart-Break?

What had just happened?

He just walked back home and crashed on his couch with tears in his eyes for some reason he didn't know. As long as someone was taking care of Taehyung, it was fine... right?

...

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" Taehyung was so confused.

"I came here last night, remember? I got you sandwiches and tea," Jimin said to him.

Taehyung's head started to hurt now. Last night, it was Jimin? Then why did he remember Jungkook yelling at him and and giving him rice cakes? He was so sure... Was it just a dream? Was it his imagination?

"I can understand that you are confused. Your fever was very high yesterday. And you were blabbering things... But you look much better now. Your fever is almost gone!" Jimin smiled at him.

"Did Jungkook come with you?" Taehyung asked.

"No, I came alone," Jimin told him.

"What is happening to me? Why did I think Jungkook was here?" He thought.

"It's kind of nice that you still keep that photo." he said pointing at their photo that was kept on the table.

Taehyung smiled, "Yeah. It reminds me of the good times."

Jimin sighed and sat beside him."It has been a long time since we hung out without any drama."

Taehyung nodded. "Thanks for being here, Jimin. You are a good friend." Jimin smiled.

...

Jungkook woke up that morning, to realize that he had accidentally fallen asleep on the couch. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up. He heard his stomach grumble. He remembered that he had fallen asleep last night without eating anything. He recollected his conversation with Jimin and thought about Taehyung.

After freshening up and having a breakfast he made for himself, he decided to text Taehyung to see how he was doing.

'Hey

         -Jungkook'

To his surprise, he got a reply immediately.

Tae: Hey

How are you? Are you feeling better?: JK

Tae: I am, actually.

Good. Because I am about to punch you when we meet: JK

How dare you lie to me? Why did you go out in the rain without an umbrella!: JK

Taehyung smiled as he read the text he had received from Jungkook. He was laying his bed with the phone in his hands. Jimin had left some time ago.

Tae: Sorry

They both didn't say anything for a while

Tae: Jimin came over last night...

  Yeah. I know :JK

Tae: It was nice of him.

So are you both now, like... :JK

Tae: No, No. Just friends. Like old times.

Oh :JK

Tae: I am done with relationships

Tae: I can't handle being in one with anybody right now, you know

Yeah. I can understand:JK

I'm sorry. I have to go :JK

Grandma is calling : JK

Tae: Bye. See you at school.

But, the truth was, both of them were lying.