Stay

Jungkook locked his house and walked towards his bicycle with a huge bag in his hands. After hearing Taehyung's voice on the phone, he knew he wasn't alright.

He packed him a few rice cakes that were supposed to be Jungkook's dinner since grandma wasn't there. He also took a blanket with him, along with some hot tea in a thermos. He took a few medicines that were laying in his house and a few other things.

He hung his stuff on the bike as he rushed his way towards Taehyung's shack. "I hope this is the right way..." he said as he rode further. It was dark outside and the road was lonesome and estranged.

Jungkook was already battling with the chilly winds slicing through his bare hands and face and as if to add to that, once in a few minutes, a car would pass by with speed, sending shivers down his spine.

He clenched his fists as he rode faster. He had to make sure Taehyung was okay. He wasn't so certain why he was doing so much for Taehyung. Was it the guilt that he had for taking his umbrella? Or was it the feelings that he had for the boy?

"Finally!" Jungkook sighed as he saw the broken down shack belonging to his friend. After lots of wrong tracks, he had at last, reached.

"Taehyung," he said as he entered the place without knocking. It was completely dark, so he switched on the torch from his phone. He noticed a lamp near the door and a lighter beside it. He lighted the candle inside the lamp and a dim light dispersed into the room.

He saw Taehyung lying on his bed, covered in his blanket, shivering. His face was red and his eyes looked tired. The place was too cold.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and saw Jungkook entering the room.

"Jungkook?" he whispered.

Jungkook immediately walked towards him and switched on the heater. He sat next to Taehyung and touched his forehead.

"You have high fever. Have you taken any medicines, Taehyung?" Jungkook asked as he opened his bag. Taehyung shook his head.

"Well then, get up." Jungkook helped him sit up. Taehyung was drained out of strength. He coughed as he sat up.

"Take these," He said handing him a few pills. "These should help with suppressing the fever and cough."

"What are-" Taehyung coughed, "-you doing here?" he managed to say as he took the pills from him.

"I am here to punch you, you idiot! What kind of a person lies about having an extra umbrella?" Jungkook yelled, making Taehyung laugh a little. "It's not funny, you bastard. Why did you get wet in the rain yesterday?" Jungkook elbowed him and Taehyung yelped in pain.

"Serves you right for not taking care of yourself," he said handing him a bottle of water. Jungkook sure was mad but he had to make Taehyung better.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung managed to say.

"And after all this, you don't even think of calling any of your friends for help?" Jungkook kept yelling. "Your condition could have gotten so much worse without medication! And you are coming to the doctor with me if you don't get well by tomorrow."

Taehyung nodded with a smile. "Were you worried for me?" Taehyung smirked.

"Of course I was worried!" Taehyung was shocked by Jungkook's sudden outburst, "And now, I think you should be worried about how much I am going to torture you once you get better."

Jungkook got up. He lectured Taehyung for about twenty minutes for being irresponsible and Taehyung just sat there listening. After letting out his anger, Jungkook handed him the rice cakes and another blanket.

"Eat it. You'll feel better." Jungkook said to him.

"Thanks, Jungkook. For, everything." Taehyung felt calm and warm. Like someone cared for him. He had never felt this way before. He smiled at him... Jungkook's heart melted at the sight and he smiled back.

Jungkook stayed for a while and tucked Taehyung in bed. He was almost about to fall asleep when he heard his watch beep. It was 12 o'clock. He had to go home. Jungkook looked at Taehyung who was sleeping calmly beside him, holding his hand.

Jungkook's heart started beating faster. He smiled at him and placed his hand on his warm cheek. The fever was lowering. Jungkook placed his lips on his cheeks and kissed him softly. He carefully pulled out his hand from Taehyung's grip and started to walk away.

Suddenly he felt something grab his hand. He turned around. "Stay," Taehyung whispered. He was trying to open his eyelids that were so heavy but Jungkook relaxed them.

"I have to go Taehyung," Jungkook said in a hushed tone.

"Stay," That is all that Taehyung said as he interlocked his fingers into Jungkook's...

...

Taehyung woke up when a beam of brilliant light struck his face. He slowly opened his eyes. He felt much better now. His head felt much lighter and his his throat didn't feel like a thorny desert.

"You woke up!" He heard a soothing voice from behind him.

Taehyung turned back to see a boy behind him. His vision was not so clear but he saw the boy's hair shine golden in the sunlight.

"Jungkook?" he said putting his hand over his forehead to see clearly in the bright light.

"It's me, Tae." The boy said, coming closer. "Jimin."

"Jimin? What are you doing here?"