13

Lisa's P.O.V

"Wow, would you look at that. We're eight minutes late. That's what you get for not letting me drive." Christina said in a sort of 'I told you so' kinda voice. I rolled my eyes and jumped out of the car, and waited for everyone to get out as well.

"Christina, I think everyone knows, yourself included, that we would have gotten here at ten if we let you drive," Kath told her in the nicest tone possible, making me laugh. Everyone started jumping out of the car to get inside because everyone was so excited for Lauren to come home. As we were walking to the waiting room, we saw our parents sitting down in a couple of chairs.

"Hey, guys." Amy said approaching them, "what are you doing?" She asked noticing they had a stack of papers on their lap.

"Hey Hun, we're just filling out the paperwork for Lauren."

"So when is she actually getting out of here?" Christina asked impatiently.

"They're actually getting her situated right now I think, and as soon as we're done with this, she should be able to go." Our dad informed us.

"So can we go and see her?" I asked because I missed talking to Lauren.

"I don't know, you might be able to, you can always go check and see."

"Okay, Dan, you wanna come with me?" I asked hoping she'd say yes. She looked at me and nodded.

"I mean I guess, there's not really much for me to do out here."

"Okay let's go. Anyone else wanna come?" They all shook their heads as they sat down in the chairs around the room. "Okay whatever, come on Dan." As we made our way down the hallway, we saw Lauren's room door was open, so we politely knocked not wanting to invade her privacy.

"Come in." Someone said. I didn't recognize the voice but when I entered the room, I realized it was just a nurse. "Hi." She said very loud and over-animated. "Are you guys the family of Lauren?" I saw Dani start to nod her head but I quickly interjected.

"No, we're just her friends."

"Oh okay, great it's nice to meet you." She said reaching out to shake our hands.

"Nice to meet you too," I said politely shaking her hand.

She smiled at us. "So I was just going over all of the stuff Lauren will have to do to help with her recovery. She didn't seem too thrilled about the whole physical therapy thing but you know, you kinda have to do it." She said with a little laugh. "So will you guys be around to help Lauren through her recovery?"

Dani and I both nodded. "Yeah, and there are a few others that will be helping as well."

"That's great, it's always good to have a support system when you're going through these kinds of things." She laughed again. "So she's all set, I explained her recovery and everything and you guys will be getting some papers that detail how to care for your friends or family after an incident like this. They will also give you more details on Lauren's condition." She smiled at us. I looked over at Lauren who looked kind of overwhelmed and taken aback by how high energy and bubbly this nurse was. Her face almost made me start laughing. How is she gonna manage with Amy who's ten times more bubbly than this nurse? "Sooooo because Lauren has a shoulder injury and all that, she'll need some help getting dressed from time to time. Like right now. This will probably be the hardest time because it's the first time you guys will be doing it. It takes some getting used to so don't worry, but you'll need to be able to know how to do it for the future. So are you guys ready?"

"Wait you mean right now?" I asked confused. I didn't even think we'd have to do this.

"Yes, ma'am."