18

Lisa's P.O.V

"LISA!"

My eyes shot open as I heard someone yell my name through my door. I looked around and saw Lauren was still asleep, laying on my chest. I smiled at her until I heard pounding on my door.

"LISA ARE YOU DEAF?! OPEN THE DOOR! WE NEED TO TALK!"

"Okay Christina, give me a minute," I almost whispered back, not screaming because I didn't want to wake up Lauren.

"Meet us downstairs. It's important so hurry up." I suddenly remembered why she needed to talk. She wanted to tell Lauren everything. I sighed. This is not okay. If Lauren finds out her and I are sisters, it's gonna be the end of... whatever this is. I felt Lauren move her head so I figured she woke up. I looked down and saw her open her eyes and look at me. Her hair was all strewn across her face and it made me laugh. I reached my hand up and gently brushed the hair from her face, and tucked it behind her ear.

She smiled at me, "thank you."

"No problem," I replied, still laughing at how cute she looked. She continued to stare at me making me grow more nervous by the second. "As much as I would love to sit here and have a staring contest," She laughed at my analogy. "I have to go downstairs. Christina wants to talk to me." I said as I started to slowly slide out from under Lauren's weight.

"No, you don't have to go yet." She said as she swung her left leg over mine and continued to rest her head on me to keep me from moving.

"Lauren," I whined, "I seriously have to go, if I'm not down there soon Christina will literally kill me... like I'm not kidding... she will"

"She won't be able to kill you if you stay locked in your room." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her statement. "I just don't want you to leave yet." She said as she snuggled closer to my chest, making my heart melt. "I wanna stay here forever."

"Well I'm sorry but trust me if I could, I would," I said sliding out from her grasp. She gave me a sad look when I finally stood up next to the bed. "Lauren I'll be right back, okay?"

"Yeah okay. I'll wait." She said smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to walk out of my room. I slowly walked downstairs, not wanting to have this discussion. I walked into the living room and saw Dani was the only one sitting there.

"Hey Dan, where's everyone else?"

"They're in the kitchen waiting for you."

I sighed and walked over to her. I sat down next to her and lowered my voice so that the rest of my sisters couldn't hear me. "Dan, I have to tell you something important."

"What?" She said at a normal volume. I rolled my eyes and held my finger against my lips, signaling her to be quiet. "Ohhh." She said understanding. "What?" She said repeating herself, in a lower voice this time.

"Lauren and I kissed," I said bluntly, wanting to cut straight to the point.

"WHAT?!? ARE YOU JOKING?!?" She yelled in shock.

"Dani! Shut up and be quiet! You can't yell!" I screamed at her still in a whisper. Christina slowly walked around the corner and into the room Dani and I were in with her arms folded across her chest, and an annoyed expression on her face.

"Well, it looks like you finally decided to show up." She said in an angry tone as she scowled at me. "What are you yelling about Dani?"

"Oh, it's nothing," I replied to Christina quickly, not wanting to give Dani a chance to possibly tell her that Lauren and I kissed.

"Now I know that's not true. And I asked Dani, not you." She said looking directly in my eyes. Not gonna lie, she can be pretty scary when she wants to be. She rolled her eyes and directed her attention towards Dani. "Dani? What were you yelling about?"

I looked over at Dani, hoping she would keep my secret safe. I've trusted her this long with the secret of me liking Lauren, and I really didn't want her to come out with it now. "I was yelling... because... Lisa told me... that she... has a boyfriend." Dani told her, obviously struggling to make up a lie on the spot.

I'm pretty sure Christina knew she was lying and I think she also knew that she wasn't going to get an actual answer from her. "Whatever, Lisa can you just come here so we can talk? It took you like twenty minutes to come down here and we have a lot to talk about."

"Uh, actually I need to speak with Lisa about something," Dani said, standing up to Christina. She raised her eyebrows like she was shocked by Dani's actions. "It will take like two minutes, I promise," Dani said as she grabbed my wrist, and pulled me off the couch. She quickly dragged me to the front door and pulled me outside so we could have an actual discussion without fear of our sisters overhearing us.

When we got outside, Dani shut the door behind us and turned to face me. "Lisa, tell me everything. What even happened?!" Dani asked frantically.

"I don't know Dan, it just... happened. It was so sudden and I didn't know what to do. I would have never kissed her with her being in this situation."

"So why did you?!?" Dani yelled at me. It seemed like she was getting almost mad at me.

"We were just sitting on my bed talking about like out sexuality and how Lauren was flirting with me in the hospital and stuff and then she asked me if I was gay, so I said yes because I am, and then she just kissed me," I replied trying to defend myself.

"Lisa, why did you let her do that? That's completely unfair! She doesn't know that you guys are sist-" She cut herself off and gave me an all-knowing look and nodded her head. "Oh, I get it now... that's why you don't want us to tell Lauren that we're sisters. You just want to keep living in this little fantasy of yours." She shook her head in disbelief. "You are so fucking selfish Lisa. How dare you do that to Lauren?!" She said raising her voice and taking a step towards me.

"I'm sorry, but I just don't know what to do Dani."

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to, Lisa."

I nodded my head, knowing she was right. "But you see my issue, right Dan? What am I supposed to do? We can't tell Lauren we're sisters."

"And why not? She's going to find out one way or another. And then whatever you have with her right now, is gonna be gone either way."

"I know Dani, I just don't want her to find out like this. If we just wait until she gets her memory back, she'll forget the kiss ever happened and then we can go back to our normal lives."

"I'm sorry Lisa. I truly am. But there's no way to get out of this. You kissed her. You made the wrong decision and now you have to deal with the consequences."

"Dani I don't kno-" I was cut off by the front door opening and Christina stepping outside.

"Come inside now. It's been much longer than two minutes and we need to talk."