20

Lisa's P.O.V

I can't believe this is happening. I mean, of course, it's inevitable, but I just wanted things to stay like this for a little longer. It's the first time in forever that I feel genuinely happy and the first time that I've ever felt that my feelings for Lauren aren't wrong.

Reaching my bedroom door, I knocked and waited for Lauren's answer. I waited a few seconds and knocked a couple of times and when there was still no answer, I opened the door and walked inside. "Lauren?" I called out her name because I didn't see her in my room.

"I'm in here." She replied. I looked in the direction of the voice and found it was coming from my bathroom. "I hope you don't mind, but I took another shower and I'm in the process of trying to put my pants on."

"Do you need help?" I asked her worried. I was scared she might get hurt or fall or something.

"No, I'm fine. I think I'm getting the hang of only having one arm... I was even able to wash my hair."

I chuckled, "Lauren it's literally been one day, you adapt rather fast."

"Yeah, I must." She said as the door I was standing in front of, suddenly opened causing me to jump back a little. "I'm a strong independent woman who does not need anyone to help her with anything."

I smirked at her, "with anything?" She smiled back and nodded her head. "Huh, interesting." I chuckled.

She laughed, "I'm just kidding, of course, I'll need help with some things." She said emphasizing the word some. She walked past me and sat on the edge of the bed. "Will you always be here to help me? I don't know why because I only remember knowing you for a couple of days now, but I feel like I could trust with anything." I smiled at her words. I felt like I wanted to cry because I know that in a little while, all of this will go away and our relationship will never be the same. "I feel like no matter what, you'll always be here for me... and like, I get we were best friends before or whatever, but it feels so different."

That last line made me really nervous. What did she mean different? Like we don't feel like friends? What if she already knows we're sisters? "Uh... what do you mean different?"

"In terms of our relationship... like whatever 'this' is." She emphasized the word and used her hands to indicate me and her.

"I still don't really understand what you're saying, Lauren."

She laughed slightly. "Like our relationship or whatever... like this... attraction? Tension? I don't know how to explain it." She laughed. "It's all new but... it doesn't really feel that way. It feels... comfortable." I smiled at her, I felt the same way. "Did we do this kinda stuff before the accident? Like, have we ever kissed?"

"Oh no we didn't. This stuff all just started."

"Well, both of must have wanted this for a long time because it just feels so right." She said making me smile.

"I mean, I'll tell you, I've definitely wanted this for a very, very long time. Every day I'd see you, I just wanted to kiss you and tell you how much I love you... more than a friend that is... but I just couldn't."

"Why?" She questioned me. "If you felt so strongly why didn't you say something sooner? And obviously I don't remember how I felt, but I'm sure it was similar to how you felt, so why didn't I say anything to you?"

I was completely caught off guard by her question. I obviously had an answer, but I couldn't tell her that. I'm sure she'll find out soon enough but now is not that time. "I don't know, Laur. I mean I was scared you didn't feel the same way about me." I laughed, "you know it's kind of hard to have a crush on your best friend because you guys are so close but not in a romantic kind of way... and you're scared that if you tell them how you feel, you'll ruin the friendship, so you stay quiet."

She took a moment to think. "That makes sense... I think." We both laughed. "I do have one more question to ask you though."

"Yeah what is it?"

"Would it be okay if I just stayed in your room with you? Until my memory gets back of course. I just feel safe with you and to be honest, it definitely more practical." We laughed.

"Yeah, of course, you can. Do you want me to go get your bag of stuff downstairs?"

"Oh yeah I forgot about that, thank you, Lise." I smiled at her as I walked out of the room and downstairs to get the bag full of her clothes.

When I reached the bottoms of the stairs, Dani was there looking out the front window. "Uh hey, Dan... what are you doing?" Honestly, what was she doing? She's so weird sometimes.

"Oh hey, Lisa." She said turning around to look at me still walking down the stairs.

"Are you okay? You're acting kinda weird. Where's everyone else?" I asked her as I reached the bottoms of the steps.

"I'm fine I was just thinking about stuff, and I think they're in the kitchen or something I don't know."

"Well... what were you thinking about? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Uh yeah, that'd be nice actually." She told me smiling. "I just have a few questions about Lauren."

"Oh okay, just let me take her stuff upstairs really quick and I'll be right back so we could talk." She was honestly acting so strange and it made me feel nervous. I wonder what's up?

"Okay." She said as she turned to look back out the window. I looked down at her and saw she was nervously playing with her hands. Still confused, I turned to walk into the room Lauren was originally going to be staying in and grabbed the bags we had for her. Everything Dani and I brought over were still in the bag because we didn't really take anything out yet except for a change of clothes. I looked around the room to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything and then took the bags upstairs for Lauren. I went as fast as I could, trying to get back to Dani as soon as I could.

When I got back to my room, she was still sitting on my bed waiting for me. "Hey, so this is everything we brought over, I have to run back downstairs really quick to talk to Dani but I'll be back up in a few minutes, alright?" I asked her as I approached her and placed the two duffel bags on the ground next to the bed. "Feel free to look through it or whatever."

"Okay, Thank you, Lisa." She said smiling at me. As I was about to start walking towards the door, Lauren stood up and took a step closer to me. She put her one hand on the side of my face and pulled me in for a quick kiss, but it still felt amazing.

We pulled away and I smiled at her. "Is this going to be a normal thing?" I asked still smiling, "because I would love that." I said giving her another quick kiss.

"Of course." She said smiling widely at me.

I pulled Lauren towards me to give her a hug, not wanting this to ever end. "Unfortunately, I have to go," I said as I kissed her forehead, and pulled away from the hug.

"Okay." She said as she sat back down on the bed. I took that as my cue to leave, so I walked back downstairs looking for Dani.