1 | Going Crazy

Feet stomp against the pavement, pushing its owner forward as fast as they can. His lungs are burning and feet aching as the orange-haired male bounds towards his street.

The male whips his head as far to the side as he can manage, hoping to see nothing where his attackers were the last time he checked. The streets are dark, with no working street lamps in sight, he can barely make out the figures chasing after him, but they are there and that small glimpse of them is enough to keep his adrenaline high. The orange-haired male sprints around a corner, losing a touch of his balance as he does so. It slows him down, but he is quick to find his footing and quicken his pace once again. His complete and utter fear keeps him going, this isn't a game anymore, and any little mistake could cost him everything.

I should have stayed home; I never should have listened to those assholes.

He can spot his street in the distance and a huge wave of relief washes over him, just a few more moments and he'll be locked inside the safety of his own home. Though feeling weak he manages to pick up his pace ever so slightly, giving him a boost towards safety. The muscles in his legs begin to wear on him, but he does his best to push the thought of the pain to the back of his mind, so he can focus on moving forward.

So close, almost there, just a little further, and...Oh, thank god!  The male nearly cries.

He yanks on the lanyard hanging out of the front pocket of his jeans. The keys to his house clang together as the male run up the stairs to his front porch, the once insignificant sound now sounds like music to his ears.

He begins the process of fumbling for the correct one. His unsteady hands manage to seek out his house key quickly and without looking back, the male shoves it into the lock on the handle and clambers inside, slamming and locking the door behind him.

Ragged and heavy breaths heave out of the boy and sound through the empty entryway of his house. The orange-haired male presses his back up against the door, taking a few short breaths in an attempt to calm himself; he finds it not to be very effective.

Not bothering to turn the lights on, he pushes himself off and away from the door and hurries into his living room, practically lunging onto the couch in order to peek out of the window. Pulling the curtain back just enough to get a glance at his front yard, he sighs in relief once his eyes catch no sight of anyone near his house or in the distance. He lets the curtains fall back into place before shifting and allowing his body to collapse on the couch. His rapid heartbeats and shaky breaths continue to wrack his body, a feeling he doesn't expect to go away anytime soon.

After a few moments, the boy digs his hand into the seat cushion and pushes himself up into a sitting position, dragging his legs over to hang them over the side of the couch in order to prepare himself to stand and go to his room when he feels a little more put together. The boy's thoughts race through his mind, crashing into one another and creating a fiery explosion that burns the shrapnel into the walls of his skull. This is probably the most painful headache the boy has ever experienced, and it seems the rest of his body is following suit, Every organ, every muscle, and every limb of the boy's body pulse with pain and feels as though they want to give out on him.

His vision is a bit hazy, and the boy assumes it's from the skull-splitting headache he is experiencing. He brings his hands up to rub his eye before dragging his hands down his face. The screen of haziness still hasn't washed away, but there is something else. No, that isn't real, the boy tells himself, rubbing at his eyes once again.

Upon opening them, the floor of his living room still held its grassy terrain. The boy frantically gets up from the couch and runs over to the light switch, flicking them on. Now it wasn't only the floor that was changing, the furniture slowly begins to fade away, the walls of his house cease to exist and everything else that was familiar and comforting of his home is taken away. He is back in the park just outside the woods. The exact park he ran from.