28 | Action

Chan sprints down the hall, checking back every so often to make sure he has the group with him. The Abjurer assumes that the woman is making her way towards the arcane well that they have locked somewhere deep in the school basement, just as Irzis did years back. Although Chan doesn't actually know where the location of the well is since the basement is a maze, he does know where the door leading to the basement is. He plans on heading there and hopefully beating the woman. From there, he and the others can put everything they have into defending the door and hopefully a much stronger teacher will join up with them and finish the job.

Most of their group members are in lower levels of magic, and though that will be a struggle, Chan figure's he and the other higher years will just have to put a little extra effort in. Seungmin, Jeongin, and Jisung can be back up mainly, using their power to strengthen the other's spells, hopefully causing more damage towards the woman and bring them closer to victory.

"Come on!" Chan shouts, "we're almost there!"

There isn't anything special about the door, it looks like any other classroom door in the school. It was designed to fit it, making it difficult for students to discover where the basement is. At first, Chan thought the design and layout of it were dumb, mainly since he, Bambam and Yugyeom were curious as to where it is but were never able to find it. Now, the blending of it makes sense and Chan is glad that it was designed this way, no matter how frustrating he found it to be in the past.

Arriving, no one can see any signs of the woman. Chan figures the woman wouldn't put much effort into hiding where she is going, and since there isn't any evidence that she made it here, they will have to wait.

"We shouldn't wait by the door," Yugyeom tells them, "let's move up to the entryway of the halls, that way she'll have to pick between three halls, and it will delay her slightly."

The group agrees, following Yugyeom up the hall. They split off into as even of groups as they can get. Bambam, Seojoon and Jeongin standing in front of the far-left hall. Chan and Seungmin take place in the center, while Yugyeom, Minho, and Jisung stick with the right. They haven't actually split up since the entryways to halls are only a few feet away from each other.

Now they play the waiting game, hoping that the woman won't arrive until they have a better backup system, but Chan tells them to be prepared for everything.

Despite being the least trained, Jeongin hasn't shown any signs of fear. Seungmin admires that, he, however, is shaking he is so nervous. His strength is nothing compared to what is attack the school. Therefore, he believes he won't be much help when it comes to fighting, so he is counting on the fifth-years to take the lead and have the strength to defend off anything that may come this way.

"Nervous?" Chan asks him, though he can very plainly see how jittery the younger is.

"Aren't you?" Seungmin asks him, "...I'm terrified, I'm not very strong and I can't help but let my mind go to all the negative possible outcomes."

"It's all going to be okay," Chan tells him, though he isn't sure he believes it himself. Solely by looking at him, one wouldn't be able to tell how scared Chan really is. The abjurer has been trying to keep a strong, stoic look to him, to keep the team's energy up. If they have a leader who is a nervous wreck, Chan doesn't see that being as helpful.

"I wish, I could have your confidence," Seungmin mumbles, "or at least some of it because right now mine is drained."

"I would give you some if that were possible, but for now just try and--"

"Hey, Chan!" Yugyeom calls, head nodding in front of them, "she's coming."

Peering down, Chan can see the figure of the woman making her way towards them. She is determined, but not rushing herself. The overwhelming feeling of power that she is drenched in can be sensed from where Chan is standing, the sensation making his nerves begin to fray.