7 | Blue

When Chan hates someone, he does his best to ignore their existence; it takes too much energy to spend the day going out of his way, outwardly hating someone. So instead, he chooses to keep to himself and completely ignore the person. However, when someone you aren't particularly fond of, is living with you, ignoring them becomes increasingly difficult.

Luckily, but also annoyingly, Chan doesn't have to deal with his roommate very often since he is hardly ever in the dorm room and when he is Hyunjin is usually trying to talk with him. That part bothers him more than he would like to admit, seeing a friend interact with danger, stresses him out beyond anything else. Chan would love to be able to tell Hyunjin who the new kid really is, but he knows that wouldn't be the best call, and should go about it in a different way. Eventually, the blonde is going to figure out a way to run the boy out of this school and then he won't be forced to expose his friends to any more danger.

Chan sits on the floor, his back against the wall in an empty hallway. Classes are over for the day, and he is procrastinating on finishing his homework, so instead he is sitting in a random hallway, throwing a ball he found against the wall. It is actually quite therapeutic and is helpful to him in managing some of the stress and tension he has built up throughout the week; also, it is weirdly enjoyable and has the added bonus of keeping him from doing his homework.

"Enjoying yourself?"

Chan looks over to see his friend Minho making his way towards him, sliding down the wall to sit down next to him.

"Actually yes, I am." Chan smiles, throwing the ball again and catching it once it bounces back.

"What are you doing here?" Chan asks, "I thought you had homework to do."

"I finished it," Minho answers, "and I was looking for Jisung, but I can't seem to find him anywhere, and that's how I stumbled upon you."

Weirdly Chan hasn't seen Jisung for the last couple days either. Normally the younger is always around Changbin or Minho, but lately, it is as if he has disappeared off the face of the earth.

"Wish I could help, but I haven't seen him either," Chan tells him, catching the ball again.

"I figured," Minho mumbles, he misses hanging out with his best friend. He can't even begin to think of a reason why he'd be ignoring him like he is.

Minho stays with his older friend, sitting with him in the hallway as he watches him throw the small bouncy ball against the wall. It is weirdly enjoyable to watch, and it keeps him distracted so he isn't thinking too much about Jisung.

Chan allows his friend to rest his head on his shoulder, patting the younger's thigh as his way to comfort the other. Minho and Jisung never fight, so Chan has no idea why the younger is blatantly ignoring the other, but it isn't any of his business unless Minho or Jisung come to him for help.

~•~

Seungmin isn't sure why the sight of Chan and Minho together made him hurt as much as it did. A small crush on the older boy shouldn't affect him like this. Besides he knows that they are friends and Chan has barely spoken two words to Seungmin. Chan being friendly and affectionate shouldn't bother him.

It didn't look like they were doing much other than just talking, while Minho was cuddled into Chan's side. The image made Seungmin cringe a little, which would result in him mentally scolding himself soon after. He can't allow himself to be upset over a little thing, it is unreasonable and crazy when you think about it.

"What's on your mind?" Seungmin feels arms wrap around his waist and a chin rest on his shoulder.

"Nothing," he lies, "nothing important."