21 | Out of My Mind

Jeongin is a very smart kid, whom teachers love having in their classes. The boy has always been bright and hardworking. When he is stuck or does not understand a concept he asks, which makes the teachers feel like he actually wants to learn. He is an incredibly kind person who shows everyone nothing but respect. However, being loved and adored has its downsides.

His friends watch over him as if he's a toddler learning his first steps and though he likes the attention, he gets frustrated by not being able to do things on his own. He was excited when Seojoon put a team together to try to find Felix, having a love of mysteries himself; he wanted to participate. Except, no one is letting him do anything, Seojoon is giving all the tasks to the older people and Jeongin is feeling a little left out. So maybe what he is about to do isn't the smartest since he hasn't consulted anyone about it, but he has an idea and he wants to be involved, so this is what he has to do.

The guard allows him in, showing him to the correct hall. It is a little intimidating being in here, but at the same time, it is exciting. He is trying something new and he is excited to see if his ideas will prove useful to the group. Maybe then, Seojoon won't keep such a tight leash on him. Sneaking away from the older was proven easier than he thought it would be, he just needed to think of a lie convincing enough to let Seojoon allow him out of his sight. Jeongin told the older he was off to a study group, not specifying whom he was with or where he would be going, the older didn't ask questions and simply let him go, giving Jeongin all the time he needs to commence his plan.

He is allowed into the hall, the guard lets him know that he'll be right outside just in case Jeongin were to need anything. Jeongin nods, thanking the guard before walking into the hall and finding the correct cell. It's a little odd to the younger how the detention center as the same feeling to that of jail, but Jeongin isn't here to question the system, at least not until he solves the mystery of the missing Felix.

"What are you doing here?"

Jeongin takes a seat in the chair provided, "I wanted to ask you about Felix if you wouldn't mind, Bambam is it?"

The illusionist nods, moving closer to the bars so he can better hear the young magic-user. Out of all the visitors Bambam could have gotten, this student is the last he thought he'd see.

"Great, it shouldn't take too long," Jeongin smiles, pulling out a notebook and a pen to take a few notes on.

This causes Bambam to smile; he finds the younger's actions quite cute.

"Will you tell me everything about the night you first found Felix?"

~•~

Changbin ended up joining Hyunjin back to his dorm after breakfast, mainly to get his stuff, but he also wanted to try to talk to the taller about last night. He feels bad for making Hyunjin uncomfortable and if he is going to be spending a lot of time with him, Changbin doesn't want any tension between the two of them. The plan was to pack up his stuff and then try to talk to Hyunjin before leaving, but the only problem is Changbin can't find one of his socks and now the two boys are searching the entire dorm for it.

"I'll check under the bed again," Changbin says, "will you see if I dropped it in the bathroom?"

Hyunjin nods and moves off into the connected room while Changbin bends down to his knees so he can search under the bed. It's too dark to see and he doesn't have a light. Changbin leans further to the ground, reaching his arm under the bed and patting around for his sock.

His fingers do brush against something as he moves near the top of the bed, but it definitely isn't his sock. Changbin curls his fingers around the object, sliding it out from under the bed.