24 | Power

Azalea chains Felix right by her, as she creates a colorless orb with her hands. Felix stares up as the orb gets bigger and bigger with each flick of her wrist and word mumbles under her breath. He has no clue as to what is going on, but that doesn't stop the fear from crawling up his spine. 

As her movement get more intense, so does the orb. Colors bleed into it, blue, red, green, and many others move in and out. The glow gets brighter and it hurts Felix's eyes to look at it. The orb bubbles and Felix fears that it may pop.

A throaty chuckle escapes Azalea's throat as the orb sits in the center of the room. Her pleased expression only makes Felix's stomach churn. Nothing good is going to come out of Azalea's happiness, so Felix can only presume that this means one thing. Her plan must be in action. 

Felix knew this was coming, but he always thought he'd have more time. He never knew how soon the day actually was, and now that it is here, everything feels too real. His friends are going to suffer from her wrath, and he is going to die, keeping her rein strong. Felix has no defense to stop her, he isn't near strong or skilled enough to bring her down on his own, he doesn't believe anyone will be after this.

"It is finally time." Azalea smiles widely at the orb before turning to Felix, "you are finally going to do the only thing you are useful for."

A lump gets caught in Felix's throat, he wants to say something, anything that will stall her, put off her destruction a little longer. However, there is nothing, she doesn't care about anything, but the power and she won't let anything get in her way. 

"Will you answer one question before you destroy all the good in life?" Felix asks, not expecting anything from her but a scoff and her to continue collecting power. 

Azalea purses her lips together, glaring at the meek boy on the floor. He is going to die, answering a question or two couldn't hurt.

"Proceed," she commands, walking over to him, causing Felix to crane his neck to look up at her.

"What happened to my parents? Birth and adoptive?"

"I washed away any memory of you, to your adoptive parents, you never existed." Azalea flicks her wrist again keeping the power bubbling up in the orb, "Birth, died, trying to give you a better life, moved you over to the miscreant world before they were murdered. They were friends with my father before they betrayed him, so he took away everything they had, well, almost everything."

To say the news destroyed Felix would be a lie, it definitely hurt, but not in a way that Felix feels as though he lost everything. The people that cared for him are safe, they just have no memory of who he is, and Felix can live with that. His birth parents may be dead, but he never knew who they were, so it does sting, but mainly because they died trying to save him. 

"This is almost ready," Azalea says, gesturing to the orb, "I just need one last item."

Before Felix can even think of what she would be referring to, a sharp, sting hits his cheek. The warms liquid oozes from it as Felix tries to comprehend what had just happened. Felix raises his cuffed hands to his face, but before contact is made, Azalea yanks his hands down, hissing at him not to touch it. Her own hand come up to it, gather a small amount of the red with a vial.

Felix watches her as she moves towards the orb, letting it bubble a little longer. Once the orb is a vibrant, fiery orange, she allows a tiny drop of Felix's blood to mix in. The orb drinks in the blood, letting his swirl around until it is completely absorbed. 

Putting her hand back into the orb, she fills the rest of the vial with the orange magic, letting it mix in with the remaining blood in the vial. She corks the vial, looping a small chain through it so she can wear it around her neck. A satisfied smile plays on her lips as she circles the orb, mumbling a few more words into it.