17 | All In

"You two must love getting in trouble, don't you?" The Headmaster asks. He stares down at the three students in front of him, anger boiling inside his chest. After hearing the story from them, he wants nothing more than to banish them to another dimension.

The three students recklessly decided that one of their summer activities would be to locate the place of Irzis burial and try to resurrect him. Fortunately, that is a very hard task, even for necromancers, and the students failed. Still one of their students is missing and it leads one to ask questions about who could have been behind it. The Headmaster doesn't want to jump to conclusions, but it could quite possibly be that someone is carrying on what Irzis started.

"I should expel all of you right now!" He fumes. He isn't, he wants them around for while they look for Lee Felix, but he is still very angry with them.

"You will all be locked in the detention center," the Headmaster states, "I will be placing you far apart from each other and only allow certain people to visit you, round the clock supervision is what you get, for now. However, when we find Lee Felix, this punishment may change, and not in a good way."

The Headmaster has them taken away, three guards grabbing the students and walking them down to the detention center. There are three halls all with multiple rooms, Bambam, Chan, and Yugyeom all are placed into a different hall, so they can't communicate. The detention center is set up so once in a hall you are unable to use any magic; a force blocks it as a part of the punishment. Bambam and Yugyeom have been here once before, but they had each other to talk through and push through the isolation. This time they have no one and could all very well go their entire punishment without seeing another person.

"How do you want us to proceed in the investigation, sir?" Chaerin, a head teacher, asks as soon as the three students have been escorted out.

"Obviously, trying to locate the boy with magic will be the easiest thing to start out with," The Headmaster explains, "However, with what we've just heard about Irzis, there is a good chance Felix is cloaked."

The Headmaster pauses to think for a minute. Deciding how he will want to go about the process of finding Felix.

"Chaerin and Sandara will work on a locator spell," The Headmaster instructs, "Daesung and Taeil will take the lead on planning out how to find Felix if the locator spell does not work. Jaebum and Jiho, I want you two to do some research on why someone would want Felix. As for everyone else, keep an eye on the students to make sure no one else goes out into that forest. You are all dismissed."

The teachers nod in agreement, all filing out of the room and heading off in their own directions.

~•~

"I heard they were taken down to the detention center," Seojoon states as soon as he enters his dorm room. He and the six others who were not taken to the detention center decided to meet back up in Seojoon's room since he managed to convince his roommates to hang out somewhere else for a while. They wanted a place to discuss this in private and Seojoon thought since he is in very good standing with the faculty members they never would suspect anything from him.

"I don't think having you be the spy is a good idea," Seungmin states, "if you get caught it is only going to tarnish your reputation, plus you could end up in the center with the others."

"I don't care about that," Seojoon tells them, taking a seat on his bed next to Jeongin, "I just want to make sure they are okay, also see if we can get any more information on what they know about Felix."

"Why would you care about that?" Changbin asks, "you aren't friends with him."

"That doesn't mean I don't want to find him," Seojoon counters.

Seojoon actually wanted to get to know Felix but held back since he heard about how shy he was. Now with the boy being missing, Seojoon would like to be able to help with finding him, especially since he knows that Hyunjin and Changbin, two close friends of his, care about him. It will be difficult to do since the teachers will try to keep the students out of the circle of information, but that just means Seojoon will have to start his own private investigation, and hopefully convince everyone to help.

He knows this isn't the appropriate time for this, but he could squeal in excitement, he loves mysteries so much.

Seojoon explains what he wants to do to his friends, telling them that it would be much easier if they were all willing to help other than him having to dig for information on his own. It took a little convincing, plus multiple times of having to explain why he wants to do this, but eventually, he got everyone on board with his idea. Again, he could jump with joy, but he contains himself.

"It's a little late to start now, and I don't want to keep my roommates locked out for too long, so we'll start tomorrow after classes," Seojoon tells them, "that should give me enough time to come up with a meeting place that should be secretive enough."

The group doesn't question it, all of them gathering up their stuff from Seojoon's room and wishing him goodnight.

"Don't keep yourself awake thinking about this, okay?" Jeongin tells him, he is the last one to go out the door, but he wanted to make sure Seojoon would actually go to sleep.

"I won't, but thanks for the concern Innie," the oldest smiles, grabbing Jeongin's hand and giving it a light squeeze. Jeongin tries to hide the slight blush forming on his cheeks, from the nickname. He wishes Seojoon goodnight one last time before heading off to his own dorm.

The group turns in for the night, all resting up so they can convene tomorrow and start-up Seojoon's plan.

~•~

Chan doesn't expect anyone to visit him the night, but he most certainly didn't expect this. He expected Jackson of all people to be avoiding him. However, here his teacher stands, disappointed but not angry.

Over the years of teaching, Jackson feels like he has gotten to know his students pretty well. However, the actions of Chan are way out of the image Jackson has for him in his head. Jackson has always seen Chan as a nice, caring person who would never do anything to intentionally hurt anyone, but how he heard he acted with Felix is the complete opposite. People say it was Chan's suspicion that got the best of him and made him go after Felix, but Jackson doesn't believe that. He has taught Chan for years and Jackson simply doesn't believe Chan would ever do something to intentionally offend or hurt others.

The abjuration teacher stares at his student, watching as Chan's gaze falls to the floor. He can tell he feels guilty, but not in the way, he usually would. Chan doesn't feel guilty for doing or saying those things, he feels guilty for getting punished for them. That is where something is off, Jackson knows this isn't the Bang Chan he has taught and come to know. Obviously, he can't say for sure and most of this is just speculation, but something must have been done to make Chan act this way.

"I'm disappointed in you," Jackson finally speaks, folding his arms across his chest.

"I know sir..." Chan mumbles, keeping his gaze locked on the floor.

"This isn't like you, Chan," Jackson states, "you're a good person, one of the kindest people I have ever met. So I can't begin to comprehend why you would do this."

Chan doesn't respond, he doesn't want to say anything that will make Jackson be even more disappointed. He has always looked up to his teachers, especially Jackson, and doing something to disappoint him pains him. His head pounds with every second that goes by, he hasn't been here that long but it is already killing him.

"I believe that you, Bambam, and Yugyeom didn't intend any harm, that you guys were just being dumb kids," Jackson tells him, "and I want to be able to tell you the Headmaster will see that as soon as he has calmed down, but I really don't know."

Jackson doesn't say anything else, knowing he isn't getting to Chan. He can sit here all night and try to get Chan to see that he was in the wrong, but it will be a waste of time if Chan isn't the one controlling his own actions.

Sighing, he turns and walks out of the detentions center, choosing to leave Chan alone for the rest of the night. Though his thoughts are still heavy with the fact, Chan may not have had anything to do with this and someone was behind the curtain pulling the strings.

~•~

Word count: 1,535