20 | Save Me

"Why so sad?" Azalea questions, a hint of playfulness in her eyes.

Felix only turns his head away from her, choosing to ignore instead of play into her games. Every day she will think of something to try to get a rise out of Felix, finding it amusing to watch the helpless boy struggle. It has gotten to a point where Felix has tried completely blocking her out, pretending he can't hear her or just turning so his back is facing her. For the most part, it works, on days Felix isn't so lucky; Azalea pushes it further.

"Someone isn't much fun today," Azalea scoffs, returning to some of the work she was doing while sitting in the cement room with Felix.

Felix bites back his words, knowing that they will be no use since he is obviously the weaker one here. Azalea won, and there is nothing he can do about it.

"I'm being kind to you by sitting in here," Azalea states, "I'm not leaving you to sit in the dark alone, you should be more grateful."

"You kidnapped me, I have nothing to be grateful for," Felix mumble, half hoping that she didn't hear him. However, Felix hasn't been known to have the best of luck.

"I got you out of the school you despised, away from the person who hated you the most, hell I did you a favor. A little gratitude would be much appreciated," Azalea snarls.

There are times Felix is really good at shutting himself up, swallowing his words and destroying them so others won't hear. Other times, just like everyone, he can't help it; he has to speak up.

"Everything you 'saved' me from was put there because of you!" Felix snaps, "Me being at the school and Chan treating me like I'm worthless was all because of you, so don't sit there and expect me to thank you, because you do not deserve it."

Felix expects Azalea to lash out, to hit, kick, and scream at him. She doesn't do that, no she's calm, unnervingly so as she approaches the boy. Crouching down to eye level, their gazes meet each other, and Azalea smiles.

"Keep all the anger you have, build it up," Azalea instructs, reaching out to grab Felix's face. She hooks her fingers around his chin, digging her nails into the skin. Felix's face is forced up, making him have to stare more directly at the woman.

"It will prove useful," she speaks, refusing to let Felix out of her hold, "you can hate me all you want, but it isn't going to change anything. I brought you from a world where no one loved you, I took you from a school where no one cared, and now I am using the one person no one will miss for my plan. So you may hate it here, but the reality is you have nowhere else to go."

Azalea harshly pushes Felix's face back, standing and walking back to her work area. Felix can still feel the sting from her nails but bears with it as her words sink in.

She's wrong, people cared. My parents loved me, and Changbin and Hyunjin cared...right?

"I have friends and a family," Felix states, his voice slightly unstable, "so you're wrong, my parents love me and care about me, and my friends at school, though short-lived I know cared and wanted to be with me."

This causes Azalea to turn to Felix once again, "where exactly are those friends of yours now? Not here. They may have cared for a moment, but everyone that was once there is gone, they don't need to waste their time on a cold closed-off boy anymore, and really they have me to thank for that."

Felix swallows back his words as he shakes with frustration and fear. His throat aches from the constant shut down of tears and sobs that want to erupt, but he won't let them.

"As for your 'parents' or the people who took care of you, they only pitied you. The small boy getting picked on by the other toddlers in the orphanage, they came in for a baby but left with a broken toddler instead," she hisses, "your real parents loved you, but too bad they died before you would ever know it."