23 | Enough

Seojoon and Changbin were discussing who should be chosen to head into the forest to investigate when Seojoon got a knock on his door. Assuming it was just Minho and Jisung back from their chat with Chan, Seojoon diligently opened it to an abjuration teacher, who didn't look very pleased. Instructed to follow, the five boys wordlessly obeyed, following the teacher all the way to his office, where they met up with Minho and Jisung.

The group's eyes fall on the green book dropped on the teacher's desk. Guilt pits in Minho and Jisung's stomachs, knowing it was them who brought the group down. The sight of the book makes Seojoon come to the realization that his investigation is going to be shut down, and before they managed to even make a dent.

Jackson isn't mad at the group but concerned about how far he thought they might take this. His personal goal is to keep the students in this school safe, but when he comes across plans like these, he feels he may have failed. There is a reason the Headmaster wanted students to stay out of the investigation of a missing Lee Felix. It has the potential to be dangerous, and he didn't want to put anyone in harm. So, Jackson is going to make sure he sticks with the Headmaster's orders.

The abjuration teacher feels incredibly lucky that he caught them when he did, they had dug up some information but didn't go far enough to put any of themselves in danger. Now, Jackson can shut it down and make sure that none of the students get hurt.

"Where did you get this?" Jackson asks, pointing to the book on his desk.

A few glances are exchanged by the students before Changbin steps forward and speaks.

"I found it under Felix's bed when I was helping Hyunjin look for something in his room," the conjurer explains. He may have lied a little bit, but seeing as what they are in trouble for, Changbin doesn't find it necessary to mention that he stayed the night in a room that wasn't his.

"Do you know who wrote the notes?" Jackson asks.

Changbin shakes his head, "no, we thought it was Chan, but he denies ever writing them."

Jackson nods to show his understanding. He sees where they thought it could have been Chan, though he doesn't believe it was him who wrote them. There are a lot of pieces that still need to be put together, so Jackson is hoping one of his colleagues can use the information brought to him by these students.

"I understand the want to help," Jackson says, "Felix is your friend, but you need to understand that you can't help. This is as far as you go, it is too dangerous for you guys to keep digging around where you shouldn't be. I am encouraging you to put an end to your own investigation and allow the staff to look for him."

The look on the students face's drop and Jackson can tell they are disappointed. Unfortunately, he can't give the students everything they want, there are rules everyone must follow. When it comes to the student's safety, Jackson is very strict about everyone following the rules, so though he hates seeing the gloomy faces of the students, he knows it is the best thing for them.

"Trust us that we will find him, so please stop putting yourselves in positions you can't handle, it is too dangerous for you guys to continue your own search for him." Jackson moves so he can open his office door, signaling that this meeting is coming to an end and the students can leave.

Seojoon is the first to leave, leading the rest of the group out of Jackson's office. Although he is upset that his investigation got shut down, the diviner tries to not let it get to him. He may not be able to physically search for Felix, but that doesn't mean he can't try and unlock the puzzle mentally.

The teacher tells them all goodbye, waiting for them to be completely out of the hall before grabbing the book off his desk and hurrying the opposite way that the students went. A few doors down is Jaebum's office and without knocking the abjurer barges right in. The headteacher looks up from his work, shooting Jackson a questioning gaze.