6 | Foolish Love

The sight could make him vomit; the horrors could make his eye melt out of its sockets. The pure disgust of it makes it hard to turn away, even though he wants to so badly.

"Let's go, you're only torturing yourself by staying here," His friend tells him, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt.

But I need to know what happens next, he thinks resisting the pulls. He knows his friend is right, so maybe that's why after only a few seconds he allowed himself to be pulled away, out of sight from the pain.

They get to the second floor and head straight into the bathrooms. He steadies himself against the tiled walls, before sinking down and hiding his face in his knees. The squirrel boy knows his friend has seen him cry before, but every time he tries his best to hide it. He doesn't want to seem weak and crying over something stupid like he is, gives him a strong dose of that feeling.

"Do you want to go to class?" His voice sounds closer. He tilts his head up to see his friend crouched in front of him, giving him a friendly smile when he meets his eyes. The squirrel quickly buries his face back into his knees before shaking his head.

"Do you want to be alone?" His friend asks, to which he shakes his head once again.

The squirrel hears his friend mumble something before he feels him move right by him and throw his arm around him. The squirrel boy is pulled into a comforting hug, as his friend gently runs his fingers through the brown locks to try to comfort the crying boy.

"Even if he doesn't, know that I care about you," he whispers, waiting for confirmation.

"Jisung," He adds when his friend does not answer.

"I know," Jisung responds, "thank you."

The two sit in the bathroom for the next couple class periods, Jisung being held by his friend as the older comforts him.

Eventually, the two leave the bathroom and make their way towards Jisung's door. The two ended up skipping class all day, Jisung not wanting to run into a certain someone, chose to stay in the bathroom. He tried telling his friend he should go to class, but he refused. Seo Changbin can be a stubborn one, but Jisung is grateful that he has a friend as caring as Changbin is.

"I can stay with you if you'd like," Changbin tells him, once they are outside the younger's door, "I'm sure your roommates would understand."

Jisung shakes his head, Changbin has already done so much for him, and he would feel bad to ask for more.

"I'll be okay, I think I'm just going to lie in bed and wallow in self-pity," Jisung half-jokes.

Changbin rolls his eyes, but smiles at his friends, wrapping the younger into a hug.

"Know that I'm here for you whenever you need, okay?"

Jisung nods, thanking Changbin once again before unlocking his door and saying goodbye to his friend. None of his roommates are back, which isn't a surprise, they are usually out until curfew, so Jisung uses this time to flush out the rest of his tears so none of them see him.

Crawling onto his bed, Jisung wraps himself into his blankets, tears streaming down his cheeks as he buries his face into the pillow. It hurts, and he hates it so much. He hates feeling pain over the silliest things; maybe he really is just a stereotypical teenager, heartbroken over unrequited love.

~•~

On Wednesday morning, Jisung woke up early and got ready to go down to breakfast before any of his roommates were awake. He feels like eating breakfast early this morning, even if he will most likely be the only one in the entire cafeteria for breakfast.