12 | Now or Never

Seungmin regrets all his life choices, right now. As someone who prides himself on his remarkable grades and honour status, he can be tremendously stupid at times. He was given many talents and abilities, but the art of being subtle is not one of them. Jeongin always tells him to be bold and brave and speak his mind, but Seungmin is sure that this is not at all, what he meant.

The action was supposed to be cute and a little cliché, but he wasn't supposed to get caught while enacting it. Seungmin swears that is the fastest he has ever run once he was spotted; it might be impressive if it wasn't out of fear and stupidity.

There is a cloak of invisibility, Seungmin keeps around him, in the sense he wants no one to know whom he is and does the best to keep hidden from everyone in the school. He hasn't had any problems with hiding, but when it comes to something that is more than just friendly, every look makes you feel incredibly exposed. This is definitely more than just friendly and Seungmin doesn't know how to handle his feelings. Normally, he would go to Seojoon about this, since the older male was great at comforting and giving advice, but considering Seojoon is partially the reason Seungmin is in this situation, he might never be going to him again.

People constantly say running away from your problems is never the way to go, but Jisung did it and everything turned out great for him. Seungmin knows that there were many other things going on in Jisung' situation that helped, but right now the younger is choosing to ignore those. Running away is the only way Seungmin thinks he will survive this so that is exactly what he is doing.

There aren't many places to hide, and Seungmin is avoiding heading back to his dorm since Jeongin could be there. The last thing he needs is to be brutally teased by the younger and have him poke fun at him for weeks on end. However, the running male does find himself heading back towards the dorm, however, instead of turning down the boy's hall he makes an opposite turn and into the girl's hall. It isn't prohibited as long as he stays out of the rooms, which is perfect because all Seungmin wants to do is wander the halls until he deems it safe to leave.

Climbing the stairs, Seungmin makes it to the second floor of the Girl's hall, quickly scurrying down to the end.

"Whoa!" One of the girls says, as Seungmin almost runs into her as he is turning the corner, looking back behind him instead of forward.

Seungmin comes to a stop, flipping his body, so they don't collide.

"Sorry, Ryujin." Seungmin pants out. He feels incredibly lucky that it was her he ran into, almost ran into. He and Ryujin happen to be in the same school of magic, so they know each other decently well. Ryujin also doesn't question others on their actions very often, so Seungmin could simply tell her that he is trying to hide and she'd leave it at that.

"Are you okay?" She asks, "you look like you've seen a ghost."

Seungmin nods. He is a little out of breath, so words are difficult to form. His heart is pounding in his head, and he looks paranoid constantly checking behind him. Ryujin doesn't say anything since she can see Seungmin isn't exactly in the headspace to be talking, but she does carefully watch him, making sure he doesn't pass out. The older is looking a little pale and as if, he could collapse at any second.

"Why don't you sit down," Ryujin prompts, gently placing a hand on Seungmin's back and leading him over to the wall, so he can slide down it. Once he is at the bottom and had his knees pressed to his chest, Ryujin crouches down in front of him. She was supposed to go and meet Lia for a study session, but that will have to wait.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks, smiling sweetly at the other Illusionist. Any other day, Seungmin would have shaken his head and let her carry on with her day. The older doesn't know Ryujin well, and they haven't spoken outside of class before. Maybe it is the way she speaks with such kindness and was so gentle when Seungmin obviously was freaking out. There isn't a definite answer, but something caused Seungmin to word vomit and go into great detail about how this might be the worse day of his life.