16 | Danger

In Jaebum's experience in questioning his students, they don't usually fold right away. It takes a little before they finally confess what they have done before taking sole blame and allowing their friends to walk free. That usually happens when the students are in situations where the students have done something to earn themselves detention or worse.

Questioning Seo Changbin and Hwang Hyunjin is not a situation where Jaebum would consider the information dire or the actions of the boy's punishable. Therefore, having Changbin spill everything almost immediately came as quite a shock. This led to having to search for Bang Chan, which ultimately led to Chan talking about how he wasn't the only one there to witnesses it and caused them to call Kim Seungmin into the office. The whole thing spiraled and Jaebum ended up having ten students arguing with each other in his office by the end.

All of them yelling and pointing blame in different directions, all because of a few questions about Lee Felix. Jaebum and Minseok stand behind the head teacher's desk, glancing back and forth between each other and the students.

"Everyone listen up!" Jaebum roars, every student instantly goes quiet, dropping what they were doing and turning to face the two teachers.

"You," Jaebum points to Changbin, "explain to me what is going on."

Changbin nods, glancing over at Chan who is standing next to him. He sends the older one last glare before turning back to Jaebum to begin his explanation.

"Hyunjin, Felix, and I were only going to study in a classroom since the library was too crowded, but before we could do anything, this idiot came in and started screaming at Felix for no reason a--"

"It wasn't for 'no reason'!" Chan cuts in, "you are so stubborn, if you would just listen to me for once then you'd see that--"

"That you're an asshole? Thanks, but I've already figured that out, I don't need you to explain! Now I was trying to tell the story, so if you'll excuse--"

"Inaccurately!" Chan exclaims, "If you tell it then we aren't going to get anywhere, you are--"

"That is enough!" Minseok shouts, pinching the bridge of his nose after everyone has settled down once again. All this yelling is giving him a headache. It would be worth it if they were getting valuable information, but right now, they are only getting arguing children.

"Changbin and Chan go to the back," Minseok instructs. They are giving them nothing, it would be better to have someone else tell them what happened. The two make their way back, whispering insults to each other as they do so.

Minseok doesn't bother stopping them, they can take their anger out on each other all they want, right now he needs to focus on finding his missing student. There is a large group of students in front of him and he is positive not all of them witnessed the argument in the classroom, but he isn't going to kick them out since they could come in use later.

"Seungmin and Hyunjin, you guys were there, right?" Minseok asks. The two boys nod and both diligently step forward.

The two do their best at explaining without trying to make it seem as though they are throwing people under the bus. It's difficult since they are both being so vague about the events that took place. Jaebum and Minseok both soon realize that they aren't getting anywhere with the two and have them step back. It is a simple question, but somehow they all are terrible at giving information.

Jaebum takes a minute to think, glancing at all the students hoping that an idea will spark within him.

"Chan," Jaebum says, waving him up to the front. He may regret this, but at least it's something.