18 | Fear

Much of the grogginess Felix feels has faded away. Unfortunately, that means he is processing all the pain that is coursing through his body. He feels as though he has been hit by a truck and then strung up so his body, slowly and painfully, can heal itself.

Waking up in unfamiliar places in pain must be my new thing, Felix thinks to himself.

He woke in a new position, luckily, no longer hanging from the wall, but instead confined to a four-inch perimeter of the basement. A Chain connects to one of his ankles as well both of his hands, restricting most of his movement, but he would rather have it this way than how it was before. However, neither position is particularly comfortable. His body is too tired to fight it anymore, after several minutes of doing everything he could to bust out of the constraints he had given up.

There has been no sign of who could have done this. No person, Felix is willing to accept creatures as well at this point, has presented themselves to him. Felix rests his back against the wall, waiting for something to happen. If he is going to be kidnapped, he'd at least like to know the reason as to why he was kidnapped.

Felix has no idea how long he has been here and that's the concerning part. The time span could range from anywhere and the thought of it being a few days and no one has found him make him feel a stinging pain that he never wants to experience again. The reality that he has been forgotten sinks in with that and that hurts, but he also blames himself for it. If he had gone out of his way more often to try and bond with others, then maybe people would actually care that he is gone.

This is what I get for pushing people away; karma really is a bitch.

Obviously, Chan being mean to him wasn't enough. Life wanted to throw more at him until he really felt the flames right under him.

The sound of a door unlocking and opening breaks through the room. Light shine from the corner as a hooded figure enters, closing the door behind them. It goes back to being dark, but only for a few seconds as the figure dimly lights up the room with a snap of their fingers. Felix is able to see more, the dark outfit covering nearly the entire body, the brown belt tying the robe loosely at the front. The hood distorts everything that could give Felix a hint of who it is, not that he'd be able to recognize them in the first place.

"W-who are you?" Felix stutters out, trying to crane his neck to see the face under the hood.

There is a pause and Felix quiver's slightly in fear. A part of him is hoping this is just some cruel joke being played on him, something Chan set up to scare him off. He wants it to be that, because it is working, he is scared.

"Cha-chan, if this is j-joke, it's not funny anymore!" Felix raises his voice ever so slightly, though the intimidation tactic does nothing with how shaky his voice is.

"Oh, wouldn't that be a treat?" The unfamiliar voice of the hooded figure speaks, "both you and Chan here. Sorry, I couldn't do that for you since, unfortunately, Chan actually has a large number of people who would miss him."

The hooded figure finally removes the cloak covering them, dropping the fabric onto the ground. The beautiful face of a woman is shown, long brown hair with dyed purple tips. She looks young, maybe around the same age as Felix, but the orange-haired boy has never been good at guessing and she could be older and have an incredibly youthful look to her.

Felix's eyes widen at the sight of her. He has absolutely no idea who this woman is and the reality that this is, in fact, not a joke is sinking in. She doesn't look menacing, but her voice that is laced with venom tells him otherwise.

"Ah Felix, I have been waiting so long to be able to meet you," she tells him, moving towards him and crouching down to eye level.

"Who are you?" Felix asks once again, trying to avoid making eye contact.