4 | Nobody Knows

Felix is moved from room to room. His head is already a blizzard that won't find its calm, constantly meeting new people and being introduced to new places only angers the storm.

The Headmaster simply handed him off as though he was tired of dealing with the crying boy, making him someone else's problem. Kim Minseok, a conjurer and a teacher in the school of conjuration, took the boy from the Headmaster's office and into a new area of the school. It wasn't off school grounds, but it wasn't connected to the main body of the school building. Felix was led outside and down a short path, to a new cluster of buildings that all looked the same and only differed by a number on the outside, right next to the entrance door.

Now the orange-haired male and the teacher are in what Felix assumes to be the teacher's house. Felix is informed to sit on the couch and wait, while the teacher heads into the other room. Felix leans back on the couch, sinking into the plush cushions. He unfolds the paper in his hand; the one thing the Headmaster sent him off with, it gave Felix everything he would need to get around the school: his class schedule, his dorm room number, and his specialized school.

Looking at the paper it is almost as if he is reading a different language, the words and saying he has heard, but only in movies and books. None of this would apply to where he grew up. In his high school, he is taught how to do calculus and how to write essays, not how to summon monsters, which happens to be an actual class he will be taking.

Felix knew he wasn't a perfectly normal kid, but he thought it was only the students at his high school making him feel that way. Now that he is looking at the words, Lee Felix student of Conjuration, the realization of him never having a normal life sinks in.

Maybe that's why they left, they wanted me to have a normal life.

His mind is stuck on getting out of here, going back to his family and living the best life and that is only achievable in the world he knows. He is weak and needs to build up strength just as his parents did to get himself out of here. This world doesn't need him and won't care when he's gone, everything will be so much easier when he gets back to his simpler life.

He folds the paper back up, allowing his fingers to curl around it, crinkling it further into his palm. He wraps his other hand around his fisted hand, squeezing them both tightly around the objects they hold onto. His knuckles go white from the strain he puts on his hands, unknowingly tightening his grip as he continues to wait for the teacher to return.

It isn't much longer until Minseok returns and is back in the living room with a bag, to which he hands to Felix.

"In there are some extra clothing, just some things that were too small for me, so hopefully they should work," he explains, dropping the bag into the younger's hands.

"Now, we need to go and get you a uniform," Minseok tells him, motioning for Felix to follow. The two leave the house and walk back up the path to the school. Along the way, Minseok points out where things are in the school, giving him a brief tour as they go along. Felix tries his best to take everything in, but it is a big school and all the unfamiliar words this teacher is throwing at him, only confuses him more.

They reach the office and Minseok leads Felix to the back, heading to the storage room where they keep the extra uniforms, among other things. The box was easy to find, it being eye level with the teacher and having large lettering which labeled it as 'UNIFORMS' on the front of the box. He takes it down and begins to dig through, holding up a few pieces to Felix's body to guess what would work.

By the end of it, Felix is set with a couple of pairs of uniforms, and a bag full of a stranger's clothes. Could this day get any better?

"Now, though you're completely new to all of this, the Headmaster wants to avoid suspicion and have you take second-year classes," Minseok explains, sifting through a smaller container that he can hold steadily with one hand.