14 | Stigma

Felix never thought he would be confronted with such aggression. The last time Chan gave sneering threats and left it at that, this time his tone is harsher and voice louder. Felix would have much rather Chan confronted him when they were alone, like last time. However, Chan obviously had other plans when he burst into the classroom and started shouting.

"Miscreant!"

"I told you, you don't belong here!"

"Get away from my friends!"

Various things were shouted and Felix's mind is morphing them into one, creating a thumping in his head. Felix ran before he knew what his legs were doing, he didn't know what else to do. Running seemed like the only choice he had, and when he got outside, he didn't stop.

Tears soak his cheeks as he moves through the bushes and trees, trying to get as far away as he possibly can. His chest hurts and his stomach twists, the memory of Chan's yelling hammers in his head and he can't make it go away. He just wants it to go away.

Anything good that Changbin and Hyunjin have brought him today was very quickly yanked from him when Chan entered the picture. It shouldn't be affecting him like this, but it is and Felix isn't questioning why. His main priority is to get away, to run until there is nowhere else to go. Felix wouldn't be able to say what told him to run, but something inside of him screamed and kicked at him until he moved.

He pushes deeper into the unfamiliar forest, ignoring the stinging from the branches that scratch at his arms and occasionally catch his face. The pain isn't mute, but he knows he needs to keep moving, and can deal with whatever happens to his body later. His legs push him along, his mind not making any decisions, as he keeps moving. It wasn't supposed to happen like that, he was supposed to leave quietly, so no one who didn't need to would be involved. Chan ruined it for him, he tore away the one thing he could control and shattered it to the ground.

His foot catches on a branch buried under leaves, sending him straight to the ground. Felix lets out a choked sob in pain as he crawls to his feet. He takes a moment to try to regain himself, wiping away the tears that keep forming.

"Stop, stop," Felix mutters over again, trying to get himself to stop crying. He doesn't know why he is and he feels he shouldn't be.

The blurriness from the tears slowly begins to clear and Felix has a better view of his surrounding environment. Nothing but trees and bushes surround him, he would consider himself lost because of the unfamiliarity, but he ran in nearly a straight path and knows his way out. The wind and an occasional bird chirping can be heard, but Felix can sense no sign of other people this deep with him. He wonders if they will find him if they would even care to find him.

Stop, just focus on getting out of here, Felix tells himself.

Felix tries to think back to the book under his bed, doing his best to remember the image of what he saw. It is in bits and pieces, not nearly clear enough to remember where he should be going. He refuses to go back though; he would rather wander in the woods than go back to that school. Sighing, Felix moves on, this time taking it slowly so he doesn't trip on anything. He looks for any sign that the portal could be there, a guard, or oddly shaped trees, anything.

At some point, his feet continue to carry him with their own intent, Felix unconsciously making his way through the forest. Felix knew he was moving, but he had no control over where he was going, his muscles feel tense, almost as tense as when Yugyeom had a hold on him in the park. His body keeps moving around trees and through bushes until finally, Felix comes to a stop. All his muscles return to his control and he feels a sense of relaxation wash over him.