3 | Bad Dream

The soft padding of the bed helps soothe his aching muscles. The pillow gives comfort to his pounding head. The feeling as though he went ten round with the Incredible Hulk and lost every single battle drags on his body. There is dryness in his throat, which is a bit irritating, but he is so comfortable that he doesn't want to move. He considers calling out for his mother to get him some water, but he doesn't want to bother her on her day off. His father wouldn't be much help since he is a rock when he sleeps and it takes an excessive amount of effort to get him out of bed.

Felix rolls over to his side, curling further in the sheets of his bed, inhaling the scent of his pillow. It smells different from how he remembers, it's not the soapy floral that he is used to, but his mother often washes his sheets without informing him that she is doing so. The strange and different scent, of cinnamon and honey, could be from the new detergent his mother is trying out. He likes it, a lot, much more than the overly powering lavender scent that invades his nostril almost every night.

He hears the sound of a door opening and closing, followed by footsteps making their way closer to him. He could have sworn his room had carpeting on his floors, so the clacking sounds are a little strange but he brushes it off as the fact he just woke up a minute ago and isn't fully registering what is going on around him. Without opening his eyes, Felix stretches his arms out behind him, making a grabbing motion towards the person.

"Mom?"

"Sorry," the more masculine sounding voice speaks, "not your mother."

You're not my father either.

Felix's eyes spring open as he pushes himself up on the bed, flipping himself around to face the person. Everything around him looks nothing like his bedroom. The man next to him stares blankly at him for a few seconds before writing something on his clipboard. Where am I?

"Who are you?" Felix asks the man.

"My name is Yixing, and I'm the school's nurse." He answers, sweetly.

Felix is sure he isn't at school and he knows that his school nurse name is not Yixing.

"Where am I?" Felix asks, voice shaking.

"I'm sorry, but I can't answer that," Yixing explains, continuing to write on the clipboard, "don't worry though, everything will be answered soon."

Felix is beyond anxious, he doesn't have words to describe how scared he is right now, and no matter what this stranger tells him it won't calm his nerves one bit. He can wish and hope all he wants, but Felix knows he is too deep in this to call it a dream any longer. He can feel his throat begin to constrict as the feeling of wanting to cry creeps up on him. His breaths get heavier with each passing second as a gnawing, nauseous feeling makes its way into his stomach. So many things are running through his head, he can't keep his mind in one place. What is this place? Are people looking for me? Are my parents worried about me?

Felix so desperately wants nothing more than to be back at home, in the safety of his own room, surrounded by the familiarity of his belongings and his family. The last thing he can remember is the park and the people who wanted to kill him. His mind went blank with fear, and he could not register any of what the people were saying and before he could bring himself out of it, everything went dark.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty?" Yixing asks him after he is finished writing his notes.

If he were in a better state, he probably would refuse and try to run out of this place. However, his entire body hurts and he is so tired that the simple thought of running makes him feel sick. A part of him feels like giving up. Wherever he is, he can't change that. Whatever they do to him, he hopes it will be quick and painless.