26 | Bang Bang Bang

The forest creatures run at the sight, hiding anywhere they can. Huddling close, predator and prey stick together as a more dangerous creature walks among them. Causing decay by her touch, Azalea glides her way through the forest taking slow steps towards her fulfillment of power. 

There is no need to rush, she is already the most powerful magic-user here, her win is inevitable. The stroll is more for Felix's sake, giving him one last long look at everything before she destroys it, taking the last once of good in the world and making sure Felix knows that he lost. 

The once unbearable pain Felix felt course through him, has dimmed down a significant amount. He is able to walk on his own, though every step aches. Being dragged along by Azalea as she talks about her reign isn't helping any, but Felix can't deny that nearly all her words are true. They are getting closer to the school and Felix's fear pits in his stomach. What will happen when people see him? What will everyone think?

These questions shouldn't matter since he'll die anyway, opinions of no one should affect him anymore.  

His breathing is labored as Azalea yanks him along, the shock and the pain took a toll on his body and the recovery hasn't been effective. Mainly, because Azalea has kept him on the move and hasn't given his body the time to heal itself. Felix is sure that Azalea won't need him when the school starts defending itself, he figures he'll be tossed to the side while she works on getting the other magic-users out of her way, manipulating one of them to tell her where the well is. That is if she doesn't know where it is already.

Felix has a large amount of fear bubbling inside of him as they get closer, he doesn't want anyone to see him. He doesn't want Changbin and Hyunjin to see him. Felix doesn't think he'd be able to handle the look of betrayal on their faces, it might kill him quicker than initially planned. 

The orange-haired male kicks himself for getting so close. This would be so much easier if he didn't create a relationship with people at this school. If he would have just stuck to himself and shut everyone out. Felix feels conflicted with himself and it only makes this situation harder. 

"Who are you most excited to see when we arrive?" Azalea asks though it isn't genuine, she says it mockingly, rubbing it in Felix's face that he now has nothing. 

Choosing not to answer, Felix allows his head to fall, eyes locking onto the dirt, leaves, and sticks that crunch under the weight of him. The silence doesn't stop Azalea from having her fun, though. She continues with her taunting, making Felix feel worse by the minute. Felix almost wishes they'd be at the school already, so he wouldn't have to suffer from her words any longer. 

"I'm excited to see your 'friends'," she tells him, "I want to see the looks on their faces once they've realized you've betrayed them. Their misery will be so fun to watch."

Felix heaves a shaky breath, continuing the painful walk to the school.

~•~

Woojin leads everyone to the library, carefully stepping in the halls as to not draw attention to themselves. The older has had to shush everyone at least ten times and the more he hears someone whisper the more agitated he is getting. It is as if no one here understands the first basic rule of sneaking around, and Woojin is ready to start swinging. 

They make it to the library without anyone getting hurt, which is a miracle in Woojin's mind. The older can't see Jeongin anywhere, so either he is on one of the upper floors or he hasn't made it back yet. 

"Come on." Woojin motions for everyone to follow, slowly making his way up the first flight of stairs. Everyone creeps behind him, all of them moving quietly until they have reached the third floor of the library.