(16) Baby Barnes is Coming

It was October 16th at 3 in the morning Bucky woke up when he heard her whimpering in her sleep. He turned on the lamp and he woke her up "Baby wake up.. you crying in your sleep." he whispered 

"I'm not crying in my sleep. I'm trying very hard to scream in pain and wake up Paisley." she said 

"Baby are you in labor?' he said 

"Yeah.. I think so it's been like 9 years since I've done this. But the contractions are close together." she said 

"Okay baby I'll call my mom since she's closer and have her come here okay just breathe baby." he said as he kissed her forehead. 

He got up and grabbed his phone while trying to find clothes. "Hey mom.. um I know it's early or late depending how you look at it but Dylan's in labor I need you to come to my house and be here with Paisley." 

"Okay honey..I'll get dressed and head that way." Winnie said 

"Thanks mom." Bucky said as he hung up.

He found their shoes and he helped Dylan get dressed and slipped on her shoes. "Shh baby it's okay mom is on her way to be here with Paisley then we can go." he said as he helped her up. 

He got their bag then went into the nursery and got the diaper bag he helped her down the stairs then he said "Baby stay right here so I can put this stuff in the car." 

"Mmm okay...oh god." she whispered as she grabbed the back of the couch in pain. 

Bucky hurriedly put the bags in the car and along with the car seat. Winnie pulled in and said "I think you are forgetting someone."

"Haha mom she's inside I wasn't going to put her in the car till you got here." Bucky said as they went back into the house. 

Winnie walked in and said "Dear God honey your water broke." 

"Mmm oh god this hurts." she said 

"Come on baby.." Bucky said 

He rushed them to the hospital and the nurse rushed them upstairs to labor and delivery. Within two hours of being at the hospital she gave birth to their son "Connor James Barnes." with big blue eyes and dark hair just like Paisley. 

"You are definitely going to be homeschool mama will quit teaching and home school you." she said in a whisper.

"I heard that.." Bucky said 

"I don't want you to be like daddy in highschool.. no teen pregnancy for you or big sister." she said 

"Hey now.. that is just mean you are being very mean to daddy." Bucky said 

She smiled and said "You said you wish that Wanda had a girl for our daughter to play with cause Nat and Steve didn't have a girl either." 

Bucky shook his head and said "This is pay back isn't it."

"Oh yeah.." she said as she kissed him and whispered "But I love you James Buchanan you have given two beautiful babies." 

"Because of you." he said as he kissed her back. 

Around noon after they both got a few hours of sleep Winnie came in with Paisley. "Is he here?' she said in a whisper.

Bucky said "Come here baby." 

She climbed up in his lap that wasn't the side the baby was on. She said "Oh gosh daddy he's little." 

"I know.." Bucky said as he helped her hold him. 

"Hi Connor I'm your big sister Paisley you know the little girl that was always talking to you through mama's belly. I'm going to be the best big sister." Paisley whispered to him and kissed his forehead.

Dylan made a pouty face as tears welled. Winnie came over and took him and said "Hey little guy I'm grandma.. and your grandpa sure would love you and you look a lot like your daddy." 

Bucky smiled then Bill and Natalia came in along with their friends and their kids everyone took turns holding Connor and loving on him. When they finally got to go home a few days later Bucky looked at her after a week of being home with Connor. 

"Baby I want to apologize to you." he said

"What did you do?' she said

"Oh nothing.. I just after this week with him it has made me see how much of a fucking ass I was almost 9 years ago baby to know you did this all by yourself on top of homeschool and work makes me feel like a total ass." he said 

She smiled and said "I love you Buck. You learned from your mistakes just like I have. And we are now parents and we can make sure that they don't make the same ones especially him. You know now to make sure he's not going to be like you." 

He smiled and said "Yeah I know." 

She finished feeding Connor then they went to bed.