(44) Play For Her

-3 years later- 

Bucky and Dylan  were both grading papers after they put the kids to bed when his cellphone started to ring. "Hello" he said 

"Hi Buck it's Rebecca have you heard from mom today? I just tried to call her and she didn't answer." Rebecca said 

"No I haven't do you want to meet over there." he said as he slipped on his shoes. 

"Yeah I hate that she wouldn't take me up on my offer when the doctor said her memory was getting bad." she said 

"I know I hate it too." Bucky said 

He leaned over Dylan and said "I love you baby I'll be back." 

"Okay." she said 

Bucky met his sister over at his mom's house then they both went in and said "Mom." 

They looked all over the house then they were in the kitchen and Bucky said "Becca..mom's car keys are missing." 

They both opened the door and saw their mom and he screamed "Mom!!" 

Becca went running and shut off the car Bucky hit the garage door to open it and air out the garage. They called 911 and then they rushed to the hospital and Bucky called Dylan to let her know what was going on. Dylan started to cry and called her dad to let him and Natalia know then she made the phone calls to their friends. 

The doctor came out to Bucky and Becca and said "I'm sorry guys but there was nothing I could do for your mother. She had to of been sitting in there for a few hours probably what happened since she suffers from Dementia is she probably got in the car and forgot why she got in the car in the first place after she started the car then sat there trying to remember and didn't even realize what she was doing." 

Bucky went home and cried to Dylan as she held him as he laid on her chest. A few days later they were all at the funeral and he asked Dylan to sing at her funeral and she couldn't say no when Winnie became a 3rd mom to her after Natalia. 

She swallowed hard and said "When Winnie lost her husband I asked her if she had a list of songs for me that I could play for his funeral and she gave a very long list and I didn't get to perform all of them so the ones I didn't do I'm going to play for her today. So Winnie my dear sweet mother in law these are for you." into the mic. 

She started to play "There You'll Be " by Faith Hill and Bucky wiped tears and Becca squeezed his hand and said "Mama loved this song when she watched Pearl Harbor remember?' 

He smiled and said "She sang it for weeks." 

Dylan then sang "When I'm Gone" By Joey and Rory. Bucky watched her and smiled as he remembered the first time he ever watched at his dad's funeral for him. Rebecca whispered "You have an amazing wife you know that." 

"I do." he whispered 

She sang a few more songs then she sat down next to him. He kissed her then whispered "thank you baby." 

"Your welcome" she said 

Everyone came over to their house after the funeral was over and had dinner. Bucky came to Dylan and said "Make me feel better again tonight." 

"I will always make you feel better." she whispered 

He laughed and said "I have the most amazing wife and mother to my kids." 

"Well thank you but I think I have you beat cause my husband and father to my kids is pretty fucking incredible." she whispered 

"Mm I hope he doesn't mind that I fuck his wife." he whispered as he kissed her neck then he started to suck as he slid his hand up her thigh. "James" she whispered 

"Mmm I love when you say my name like that' He whispered as he started to play. 

"I know you do baby." she whispered

They took the back stairs upstairs and went upstairs she was on top of him just like after his dad's funeral.