(17) To Play Again ...

Four months after Connor was born on February 20th Dylan got a call from Natalia on her cellphone in the middle of class. She stepped out since her class was taking a test and said "Hello." 

"Hey Dylan.. um I need you to come to the hospital both you and Natasha." Natalia said 

"What? Why?' Dylan said 

"I need you both here with me. Your daddy had a stroke and I don't know what to do they are trying to repair the damage." Natalia said

"Okay ..I"ll be right there." she said 

She gathered her stuff and had another teacher watch her class till they found someone to take over her class and Natasha did the same. She called Bucky at work and he met her at the hospital and called the elementary school to let Paisley know to ride the bus to his mom's house. 

They all had waited for what seem like an eternity when the doctor came out. "Bill Baylor's family." 

"That's us." Natalia said as he looked around the room and saw Dylan and Bucky Natasha and Steve then Natalia. 

"I'm very sorry Mrs Baylor..we did all we could do to repair the damage but he had another mini stroke during the surgery and we lost him 3 times we tried our best recessitate him but after the 3rd time we couldn't get him back." the doctor said 

Dylan broke into tears as Bucky held her and he whispered "Baby shh I know this hurts." 

That night she went to her dad's house and went into her room. She sat on her bed in silence then she went into the closet and dug out her stuff and her guitar. She called her uncle and she went to meet him and her aunt Katie. They both hugged her and said "He would want you to do this. Let's put it together honey." 

They worked on it till the day of the funeral she got everyone in her house ready even helped Bucky with his tie. They all walked in and everyone gave their hugs then sit down Winnie and Bucky sat in the front row with the kids. The minister started the service then he said "It would be a Baylor or Connor funeral without the Connor family performing so you all may join together up here on stage." 

She gave Connor to Winnie "Baby what are you doing." Bucky whispered 

She picked up her black guitar and strum it then Brandon and Katie started to play "How Can I Help You Say Goodbye" as she played and started to sing. 

Bucky's mouth dropped and whispered "Baby.." 

Winnie mouthed the words as she held Bucky's hand and rocked Connor. "Daddy did you know mom could sing." Paisley whispered 

"I did I just never heard mama sing" He whispered 

Natasha wiped tears and Steve said "You knew" 

"I did." she said with a smile. 

Then she and Brandon started to play "Cowgirls Don't Cry" as they sing the song. When it got the part where Reba sings the ending she almost broke as she sang it as she looked right at Paisley. Then the next song they started to play was "You Can Let Go Now Daddy" as pictures played in a slide show behind her of her and her daddy. 

The last song she sang was "See You Again." as the choir entered behind her. "Daddy I know this song." Paisley said as she sing along. 

She smiled when she seen her daughter being just like her. She took the mic off the stand and walked to her and took her hand and Brandon gave her his mic and sat her up on the stool as she sang along with Dylan. 

Bucky and Natasha both started to take pictures and recording it. After it was over she hugged Paisley and said "Baby.. you are good just like mama" 

"Mama you are amazing.. why don't you sing like that as a job." Paisley said

"Cause I rather have you and your brother and daddy be here all the time then be gone all the time and just do it every now and then." she said 

Brandon hugged Paisley and said "You definitely are like your mama and your grandma and great grandma you come from a long line Paisley." 

"Don't encourage her Brandon" Dylan said

Bucky came over and kissed her "Baby doll .. you gave that up and you sound like that." he said 

She smiled and said "If I didn't and I listen to everyone else around then I wouldn't be standing here as your wife and mother to your kids. Remember we talked about this." 

"Baby you were incredible. And I love you and I know your family is beyond proud of you for playing again." he said 

That night they were making supper in the kitchen when Paisley said "Mama what's these" as she carried in a box and held up dvds. 

She smiled and said "Those are all mama's performances trophies ribbons cheer and gymnastics trophies and ribbons." 

Bucky walked over to the big box and he said "Geez baby you make my football trophies look like I suck at things." 

"Well we all know that's not true." Dylan said 

Paisley took the stack of DVDs to the living room and started to play them. "I think someone might want a guitar for their 10th birthday this year." he whispered as he watched Paisley watch the DVDS in amazement. 

"Maybe." she said as she went to finish dinner.