(43) Baby Boy Barnes

One Saturday afternoon Dylan was watching Presley play in her kiddie pool she was already a week past her due date. Bucky was mowing the front yard when she started to do her breathing exercises and she said "Presley baby." 

"Yeah mama" Presley said

"Go get your daddy." she said 

Presley went through the gate to get Bucky and said "Daddy!!!" as tried to yell over the lawn mower and he seen her trying to get his attention. He turned off the mower and said "Presley baby what is it." 

"Mama needs you." she said 

Bucky followed her around back and saw Dylan doing her breathing. "Baby do we need to go." he said 

"Yeah." she said through a contraction.

"Okay let me go change and call mom." he said 

"Okay." she said as he helped her up. 

They went inside then he got changed and Winnie came over to get Presley. They went to the hospital and Dr Carter said "Has this stubborn boy decided that he's ready to come out." as she came in the room. 

"Yeah." Dylan said 

"Okay we are at a 5 so let's get the epidural going." Dr Carter said as she broke Dylan's water. 

'Oh thank god." she whispered 

About an hour later Dr Carter came back in and checked her again "Okay guys we are at a 5 and half." as Dylan slept. Bucky said "It isn't going to be like when we had Presley is it." 

"I don't think so she's in labor but it seems to be still in the slow labor." Dr Carter said as she walked out.

"Dylan baby I'll be right back I'm going to home and get our stuff and give mom Presley's bag you packed we ran out and forgot everything." he said 

She said "Okay" in her sleep. 

Bucky left and went home and put the mower up and locked the gate up. Then went inside to get the bags and phones and chargers. He called the principal to let him know that Dylan was having the baby as he dropped off Presley's bag with Winnie. 

He got back to the hospital after another six hours of waiting it was finally time to push their little boy out. Dylan looked at him and said "Welcome to the world Elijah James Barnes." 

Bucky smiled and said "Baby you should do know how to make me some beautiful babies." 

She looked up at him and said "I'm glad we went with a different name" 

"Me too baby." he said as he took Elijah and laid him on his chest as he laid beside Dylan. 

"I promise baby it won't be like the dream I will not give our son sex tips that is not what I want to do I just want to help him with sports." he said 

She laughed and said "Okay.." 

The next day they put the outfit on him that said "Little Brother" with a hat that has his name on it. Presley came in and said "Is he here?' when she walked in with Winnie said

"Yes he's here." Dylan said 

Presley climbed in the chair and said "I wanna hold him please" 

Bucky took him over to her and said "Daddy has to help." as he laid Elijah in her lap. 

"Oh daddy he's so little was I that little" she said

"Yeah baby you were." Bucky said 

She kissed his forehead and said "Hi Elijah I'm Presley I'm your big sister. We have the best mama and daddy in the world. Mama likes to sing to me and I'm sure she will for you too and daddy is the best at coloring and tea parties."

They all smiled as she talked to Elijah. A few days later they got to go home then after two weeks of paternity leave Bucky went back to work then Dylan went back for the last three weeks of the school year.