(42) First Day Of School

It was the morning of the first day of school they both got Presley up. Bucky brought her downstairs half asleep and sat her down at the bar top "Here baby come on you got to eat your breakfast look mama made oatmeal for you." he said 

Presley took a sip of her coffee and ate a bite of her bagel then he came over to her and he said "Morning baby." as he kissed her cheek.

"Morning." she said 

"How are you feeling this morning?' he said as he poured his coffee.

"A bundle of nerves." she said as she looked down. 

He lifted her chin and said "baby it's okay you aren't the only one nervous I think the 3 of us are all a bit more nervous." 

She laughed and Presley ate her oatmeal then Dylan took her upstairs into her bathroom and sat her up on the counter. Dylan started to brush her Presley's hair and she started to cry cause she had tangles. 

"Mama stop that hurts." Presley said through tears as she pulled away. 

"Presley honey sit still baby please. We have to brush your hair and make it pretty." Dylan said

"No we don't." Presley said as she crossed arms 

"Yes we do." Dylan said 

"NO!!!" Presley screamed. 

Bucky came into the bathroom and said "Presley Ann that's enough mama and daddy don't have time for temper tantrum now let mommy brush your hair." 

Presley started to pout and Dylan was able to finish fixing her hair then she put her dress and shoes on. Dylan double checked Presley's back pack to make sure she had everything in it then grabbed her bag. 

"You ready baby' Bucky said 

"Yeah I think so..keys phone coffee mug bag.. Presley Presley's backpack. You got your stuff." She said 

"Yes baby." he said then Bucky put their stuff in the car as Dylan got a picture of Presley.

Then once she got the picture she got Presley in her car seat then Bucky said "Okay everybody in

Then once she got the picture she got Presley in her car seat then Bucky said "Okay everybody in." 

"Yeah." Dylan said as she buckled her seat belt. 

They left their house and took off to the elementary school. Bucky and Dylan both got out he got Presley out as Dylan got her back pack. They walked to her classroom and Mrs Barnum met them at the door and said "Morning guys" with a big smile on face. 

"Morning." Bucky said 

They walked Presley in and showed her where to put her back pack. Presley hid behind Bucky's leg as she saw the other kids. Dylan squatted and gave her hug and said "Okay baby mama and daddy will be back later to pick you up okay I love you." 

Presley's little bottom lip started to quiver and said "You are leaving." 

"Baby we have to go to work. I promise we will back to get you." Dylan said 

"Daddy." Presley said as she looked up with tears.

Bucky picked her up and said "Baby you will be fine you know how this works just like when mama and daddy has school and you went to daycare okay now go play with the other kids." as he sat her down but she wouldn't let go of his neck. 

"Presley baby I have to go me and mama will be late for work." he said as he made her let go.

Dylan blew her a kiss and walked out and leaned against the wall fighting her own tears. Mrs Barnum came out and said "Dylan she's going to be fine you go on to the car I've got her." 

Dylan walked out to the car and Bucky came out wiping tears as he got in the car and he said "that was harder than I thought." 

"Yeah.." she said 

"She was still screaming when Mrs Barnum made me leave." Bucky said as he pulled out of the drive way and they went out towards town then drove to the high school as Bucky grabbed her hand and said "She's going to be fine baby first day jitters just like right now I want to throw up cause of my nerves." 

She started laughing and said "You aren't the only one but I have a reason I'm pregnant." 

They pulled into the high school teacher parking lot and she said "God now I really want to throw up." as she saw all the kids going into the school. 

They both took a deep breathe and got out of the car and got their stuff out of the back seat along with their to go coffee cups. They interlaced their hands as they walked into the school they went down the English hallway first where she went into her classroom and put her stuff down. 

"I'll be back baby' He said as he kissed her forehead.

She smiled and said "okay love you" 

"Love you too." she said 

She wrote her name on the board and then proceeded to write out the outline she wrote out for the first day of class. Bucky went upstairs to his classroom that was above hers and did the same thing on his board and then came back down to her classroom and then they went to stand down the freshmen hallway where the principal said they would be in the mornings for keeping halls under control. 

Once it was 825 he walked with her back to her class then he kissed her and whispered "See you later Mrs Barnes I love you." 

"See you later Coach Barnes I love you too." she whispered as she kissed him back then they went into their class rooms. 

Once the bell rang for school to be over they got their stuff together and then clocked out at the front office then headed to the elementary school to pick up Presley. Presley went running to Bucky and hugged him so tight. 

"Oh baby girl I missed you too but daddy needs to breathe." he said as he picked her up.

"We had a rough start but once she calmed down and started to play she was fine." Mrs Barnum said 

"That's good" Dylan said 

"Yeah so how your alls first day teaching?" Mrs Barnum said 

"It was good a little unnerving at times but good" Dylan said 

"Yeah what she said." he said 

They went home and Dylan cleaned out Presley's backpack and saw all the stuff she did that day. "Look Buck." Dylan said 

"Gosh she's going to be like her mama." he said as they saw how well she did on her first day.