(25) Making The Best Of It

-2 years later-

Bucky and Dylan had kept their promise to Kinsey that they would help her with the baby which was a girl. Kinsey named her "Hayden Leah Barnes." she was now a little over a year old and the girls were starting their junior year of high school. Ava continued to be like Dylan in high school all books and Kinsey spent most of her time either doing homework or taking care of her daughter or working at Texas Roadhouse. 

One night Kinsey was helping close up on a Saturday night when the new bartender AJ Sterling a college student just a few months shy of turning 21 was helping her put the tables up since they closing duties was the dining room that night. "Hey Kinsey.." AJ said 

"Hey AJ.. did you have you a good night." she said 

"I did.. I like college football weekends that's when we have the best customers. What about you?' he said

"I did make some good tips tonight." she said as she put a chair up.

He walked over to her and said "If you are a 17 year old high school student then why do you have these darlin." as he ran a finger tip around her dark circles. 

She looked down and said "I um my first boyfriend and I got pregnant at 14 I had my daughter at 15. My parents and my sister have been helping me take care of her she's a little over a year old." 

"What happen to the boyfriend?' AJ said 

She let out a laugh and said "He got kicked to the curb. Turns out he was nothing more than up and coming fuck boy who after awhile got tired of me and started to sleep around with other girls while still stringing me along when my dad found out he was pissed cause as he put it he was that way in high school and now that he has girls he has been trying to correct his mistakes and hearing that my first boyfriend did that to me." 

"Daddy went off on him now that it happened to his daughter." AJ said

"Yeah.. so we have been making the best of it as a family. I have the whole basement apartment to me and her. My sister Ava and I don't really get along still cause she liked him first but he didn't like her but that's Ava for ya she hides away now." she said 

"You are very beautiful Kinsey. I bet your daughter is beautiful too." he said as they put up the last of the chairs. He counted up the drawer behind the bar and she wiped down the tables and he kept watching her as she yawned. After they were both done he walked her to her car and he said "Um can I take you to dinner sometime I Mean if your parents are okay with it atleast." 

She smiled and said "Sure I'll check with them and text you." 

He smiled and said "See you tomorrow." 

"Yeah I'll be here." she said 

"Good night darlin." he said as he walked away.

The next morning at breakfast Kinsey said "Daddy I really love you." 

He looked over at her and said "What do you want?'

She gasped and said "What makes you think I want something." 

"You have done that since you were 5 years Kinsey baby and it's always when you want something." he said 

"Or when you are in trouble." Dylan said as she sipped her coffee. 

"Um I've been asked on a date." she said 

"Okay you know that I don't care if you date." Bucky said 

"Well I know that but um here's the thing it's someone from work. And he's 3 years older than me." she said as bit her lip. 

Bucky looked down and said "I have to meet him first make sure he's not trying to get in my daughter's pants."