(40) Choosing Family

It was football season during their senior year of college Bucky had been getting offers from NFL recruiters but he just kept saying whatever he could to get them off his back. One game night was a home game. The boys were in the locker room when the coach said "Boys we have a small delay." 

"What's wrong coach?' Steve said 

"The girl that is suppose to sing the National Anthem is out sick with a cold so they are trying to figure out what to do." Coach said

Bucky said "Coach give me like 5 minutes maybe 10. My wife can do it Steve can vouch for her." 

Coach looked to Steve and said "His wife is amazing. She's a student here." 

Bucky went running to where she sits with Nat and he gave Presley to Nat and said "Baby I need you to come with me" 

"Why? What's going on? she said

"Nat watch Presley for a little bit and I'll explain while you walk with me baby." he said 

They walked up to the sound system and he said "Baby the girl that normally sings the national anthem is out sick." 

"Buck no.. you did not tell someone that I can sing." she said 

"Please baby the game is being delayed till they find someone' he said 

She sighed and said "Fine you owe me big time." 

The sound guy tested her mic and then she went down to the tunnel and waited for them to tell her when to go out. She walked out and stood in the middle of the football field and they announcer said "Singing the National Anthem is our very own QB Bucky Barnes' wife Dylan Barnes" 

Then she closed her eyes and started to sing the song acapella. Bucky was smiling from the tunnel and the coach looked at him and said "Damn boy.. " when she hit notes. Bill was watching back home TN with the biggest smile on his face and whispered "That's my girl" when she ended it on a big note. 

Everyone stood on their feet and was clapping and whistling as she went back to her seat. Natasha said "You did amazing." 

"Yeah well my husband owes me big time for making me do that." she said 

After the game was over she and Bucky were walking with Presley on his shoulders who had on a bulldog jersey with Barnes on the back and little dark hair pigtails. They were putting stuff into the truck when another NFL recruiter came up to him. 

"Barnes.." the recruiter said

"Yes." he said as he turned around after putting Presley in her car seat. 

"You played really well I'm John Lakeland from the Carolina Panthers." John said 

"Thank you." he said 

"Have you thought about the NFL?' John said 

Bucky sighed and said "I have thought about it." 

"Well here's my card if you decide to pursue NFL with the panthers." John said 

"Thank you." Bucky said as he took the card and got in his truck and John said "By the way Mrs Barnes you have an amazing gift as well."

"Thank you." she said as she got in the truck. 

They went home to their apartment Bucky got on his laptop and she said "Buck what are you doing." 

"I'm so sick of this bull shit no matter where I'm at if it's a fucking home game or an away game they are always up my fucking ass Dylan. So I'm going to blow my knee so they wil leave me alone.' he said