Breaking & Entering

"A shooting star once said to me that nothing's really what it seems. You must make up your own mind, well I'll try this time"

*Good morning Skye! I hope you had great dreams and that I was in at least one of them xD I'll be at our spot in 20 mins. Don't make me wait too long*

I read the text and quickly get ready for school. I overslept. I had a nightmare last night. A really bad one. I don't plan on telling Johnnie about it. I can't let him into that part of my life. Not yet that is. I make my way downstairs and into the 'kitchen'. Nothing is unpacked yet. The twins are eating poptarts and my mom is...still here? That's weird, she's usually gone by now. Plus, dad never leaves without her.

"Morning Skye." My mom says. She looks exhausted.

"Morning. Why didn't you go with dad?"

"I overslept. Was up all night trying to work on a case. Plus your dad had to get to the office early to seal a deal. Anyways the twins will be at your aunt's house again and your father and I will be working late. Do me a favor and get some things unpacked."

Leave it to me to get things done around here. At least the twins will be off my back again.

"In the car, Auggie. Alexa." My mom orders. "Have a nice day at school, honey."

My mom grabs her messenger bag and heads for the door, gone for the day. I'm used to this by now.

I start walking to our spot to meet up with Johnnie. I decided to leave Penny since I'll be walking with Johnnie later. A car pulls up next to me. It's that Clover girl and her friends.

"Hey Freak. Need a lift?" They all laugh. It's too early for this. Ignore them and keep walking.

"Listen, I notice you hanging out with that Johnnie kid a lot." She says catching my attention.

"Yeah? What about it?" I ask.

"No reason. Just hope you like second-hand things." They all laugh once again and drive off.

Second-hand things? What does she mean by that? Unless...no. Can't be. Can she be saying this just to get me jealous? Wait? Why would I even be jealous? Johnnie and I are just friends. What?

"Hey Skye! Took you long enough."

I'm already here? I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice walking up to our spot.

"You okay dude?" Johnnie asks.

Be cool, Skye. Just ignore what she said and get on with the day.

I smile. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

He smiles back. "Okay then. Now c'mon, before we're late."

The day goes by smoothly and I'm already sitting in my art class working on a painting.

"Hey Blake, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go ahead." She's working on a still life drawing of fruits.

"Do you know who's Johnnie?"

"Johnnie Guilbert? Yeah I had him for History last year. What about him?"

I know I shouldn't be wondering about what Clover said about him, but it's been bugging me.

"Besides you having a crush on him." Blake says to my surprise.

"Whhhhaaa?" I say completely forgetting what I was going to ask.

"Me and Johnnie? Nah, I only see him as a friend. We just met. It's not like that." I say.