All About Us

"The rooms hush, hush and now's our moment. Take it in, feel it all, and hold it. Eyes on you, eyes on me, we're doing this right"

It's Sunday. Which means my dad is firing up the grill. My dad always arranges a cookout every Sunday since it's his only dad off. Plus, today is a special occasion. Johnnie is coming over to finally meet my parents, something we weren't prepared for just yet. Last night, I went on a date with Johnnie and he walked me home like he does now a days. And guess who was waiting on the front porch? Good ol' overprotective dad. The only time he actually decides to make an appearance is at the worst time possible. Once I got inside my dad was of course expecting an explanation. And well I confessed that we were actually dating now. So now my dad wants to meet him, in other words interrogate him. Which should be fun. I only agreed to bring him over if they promised to stop missing important events of mine and actually make an effort to change. Of course they couldn't say anything cause they knew I was still upset with them. They agreed, so here we are now.

"Skye when's your boyfriend coming over?" Alexa asks, watching me straighten my hair.

"I don't know. Soon I guess."

"Is he nice?" She asks.

"Super nice."

"What's his name?"

"Johnnie."

"Do you love him?"

Her question catches me off guard causing me to burn my ear.

"Love is a strong word, Lex." I say, pausing from straightening my hair.

"You like him only?"

"Yeah. A lot, actually." I smile to myself.

"So you love him then?"

"No. No more questions, I have to finish getting ready."

She gets up and leaves my room. Where does she come up with these things? All I know is, it's probably too soon to 'love' Johnnie.

I finally finish getting ready without playing 20 questions with my sister. I decided to wear white shorts with black fishnet stockings, a MCR tank, and my red converse. I go to the backyard where my mom is setting up the table, the twins are jumping on the trampoline, and my dad and Dalton are prepping the food. The doorbell rings.

"IT'S SKYE'S BOYFRIEND!!" The twins yell.

"I'll get it." My dad says, walking towards the sliding door.

"NO I WILL!" I quickly run inside and lock the sliding door behind me to make sure he doesn't follow. Have to prepare Johnnie for the worst.

I get to the front door and open it. Johnnie is standing there nervously. He's wearing a teal vneck shirt, his black skinnys, and Toms. He looks cute as always.

"Nervous?" I ask.

"Very."

I let Johnnie in and give him a quick, reassuring hug.

"Don't be. Dalton's here, so it won't be so bad."

"I guess so. Let's just get this over with." Johnnie starts to head to the back.

I grab his hand. "Wait, before we go." I pull him into a kiss, catching him by surprise. I wrap my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my waist. His lip piercings feel cold, I love it. We slowly pull away, catching our breath. "For luck." I say smiling at him.

He lays his forehead on mine. "I'm feeling much better." He kisses me again. "Thank you. Let's go before your dad walks in on us."

"I locked the door, so you're good."