Backfired

It was now the end of the day, but Hitoshi still had basketball practice to go to. Everything about him was still tingling from the feel of [Y/N]'s body against his when he went to hug her. He also couldn't stop trembling and his mind filled of adrenaline whenever he thought of that moment. He'll never ever forget it.

     It honestly shocked him when she nodded at him and allowed him to embrace her. Her beautiful face has a tear on it and never had he wanted to kiss those light, soft lips of hers than at that time. He knew she would hate him if he did that though, so he settled on the next best thing. A hug, which didn't exactly satisfy him yet. But he had to wait.

     He couldn't even wipe off the smile on his face. And it wasn't a fake—the one he would always usually wear. It was a real one. A smile so real that it had made the girls in his class fawn over him way more.

     Not like those girls mattered. The only one for him was [Y/N]....the girl with the emotionless eyes and the prettiest lips that neither curve up nor down. But that shall be changed. From now on, he'll do anything he can to have her smile....and that will send his heart to soar up into the skies.

     [Y/N]....the feeling of her name as it slithered out of his mouth made him wan to Berber stop saying her name. [Y/N] [Y/N] [Y/N]. He'll say it a million times and it'll never bore him.

     He sighed happily as he shut his locker. Suddenly, a person popped out of nowhere. It was Kaito, one of his so-called 'friends'. "Thinking of a certain girl?" the blind haired boy asked him with a smirk.

     In his own shame, Hitoshi's face began to fluster. "Nah, I was just thinking about basketball. But you're probably thinking of one. You always do," he teased back. He had to avert the topic of him away. It word got out that he loved [Y/N], she'll find out and his plan will utterly die.

     "True," Kaito admitted easily. He then winked. "Gotta get those girls, you know?"

     He felt disgust as those words, but he kept his smile on his face. He hoped it wasn't slowly turning into a fake one. He wasn't going to let others ruin his happy thoughts of [Y/N]. Not today.

     Entering the gym lockers, he walked in and set his bags next to his friends. "Hey," called out one of them. "Haven't seen you all day.

     He put on his basketball shorts and shrugged at the friend who had just talked to him. "I guess I've been busy."

     "You should start sitting by us again. I don't know why you keep on sitting next to that girl [Y/N] or whatever. She's tarnishing your reputation," added Kaito.

     "I've been hearing creepy rumors about her kidnapping or even killing the missing students," another friend whispered. Anger rose within Hitoshi. They had no idea that they were actually talking to him, the actually murderer. Wait. No, scratch that. He wasn't a murderer either—he was [Y/N]'s protector. But she wasn't it, she never was. He wanted to tell that to the entire school. Except it would expose him in the process. His plan was backfiring on him. This was not supposed to be happening.

     "It's not true," Hitoshi jumped in, trying to brush the topic off. He was afraid he might explode.

     "How would you know?" asked Kaito. "You may think she's nice and all, but in reality, she's too mysterious and secretive for anyone to know what her true attention really are."

      "Can you guys just shut the fuck up?!" Hitoshi finally spat out. "Stop acting like bastards and believing in rumors."

     His friends widened their eyes af him and raised their arms up in surrender. "Chill dude, we were just joking around...wow, so this is Hitoshi when he's angry," said a friend.

     Breathe heavily and feeling wary, he closed his eyes and rubbed them. He turned his attention back to changing his clothes. "Oh, so [Y/N] must be the girl he's been thinking about all day," Kaito assumed. Hitoshi opened his mouth to deny it, but closed it back up. It was true after all and he felt too exhausted to talk to them any longer.

     He gritted his teeth and pulled his sports tee over himself. This special day had already gone downhill.