Daycare Is Over, Get Out

As both a nanny and having a mom that runs a home daycare, I have come across quite a few entitled parents.
My mom has a lot of cool toys and playground equipment, which is great because it keeps the kids entertained. Of course, at the end of the day, it can be hard to get them to leave. Which I understand, kids will be kids and especially for 1-4 year-olds, it can be hard to change activities. Most parents are great about gathering their kid and leaving.

One parent was not as great.

EC (Entitled Child) was an okay kid. She whined a bit more than normal kids, the type that didn't like it when other kids were at the center of attention. That was nothing unusual, but she definitely felt like the rules didn't apply to her. She was 3 when all this started.

Her mom would come to pick her up and EC wouldn't stop playing. EM (entitled mom) would stand there and let her play. My mom didn't want to start anything the first few times, so she allowed it to go on, as she didn't have any plans. But then it got to be excessive and soon on the nights she did have plans, it was like herding sheep.

Then one day, my mom had to drop off one of the other kids and told EM she was leaving, which have EM the hint. My mom took the kids she was driving home inside to gather her stuff and then came back outside. EC and her EM were still in the playground area, the daughter still on the equipment.

My Mom: I'm sorry, but I have to go now. We'll see you tomorrow.
EM: Oh, well, you were still here so we figured we had more time.
My Mom: Sorry, but I've got to get *child's name* here home. So, goodbye, we'll see you tomorrow.
EM: *slightly irritated* Fine. *turns to EC* EC, its time to go.
EC: I'm not ready to go yet.

EM gave my mom a look like "What can you do?" and my mom gave her a similar look that said, "Tough."

EM was clearly upset that it didn't work and had to grab hold of EC, forcing her to leave. EC started crying. After that, things got better, but you could tell that EM was not happy that her little princess was told to leave.

----

It'll get worse.