EM nearly kills her children and blames us for it.

We used to live near a school zone, and the 15mph speed limit ended about 1/4 of a mile away from our neighborhood. My mom, my sister, and I were about to pull out of our neighborhood and turn left. We stop at the stop sign, check that no cars are coming, and start to turn, when out of nowhere, a car that was going at least 65-70 mph zooms down the road. We didn't see it coming, but I warned my mom in time to stop. That car hits us, spins out of control, crashes into a stop sign and demolished the wall of one of our neighbors. Thankfully, we only busted our headlight and some minor front of the car damages. Everyone in our car was fine. We rush over to the other car and sitting in the driver's seat was the mom (EM), and a child that was in the passengers WHILE IN A CHILD SEAT. In the USA, children that require a child seat HAVE to sit in the back, and this child in particular was no more than 5 years old. In the back, there were two other children, between 7 and 10, without a seatbelt and one of them was unconscious. I deal with a lot of first aid and CPR in my line of work, so I rush to help the kids. The mom struggles to get out of the car. I ignore her seeing the children are more important, and as I am trying to get the door open, I hear screaming.

EM: Come help me!

Me: (feeling a little bad for ignoring her) I'm sorry! Are you in pain? Can you move?

EM: Yeah, but (this was several years ago, so my memory is a little hazy) I can't get out! You should help me first. Thankfully, there is still air circulating in the car, so I go over to help her.

I pull her out, and she storms over to my mom, who was on the phone with the cops. Keep in mind, her children were trapped in the car. I get the kids out, and sit them on the curb, and I start to check on the unconscious one. The kid was still knocked out, so dragging her out was a bit more difficult, and I had to grab her legs and her waist to properly carry her. Keep in mind, NOTHING about this was sexual. It was literally the best and safest way to pull her out of the totaled car.

I check her breathing, thankfully she was alright, and my best guess was a concussion. I've been ignoring EM and my mom, so I didn't hear their conversation, but my mom filled me in.

EM: What the f is wrong with you!

My mom: (Still on the phone) one second officer, excuse me, but I'm on the phone with the cops, would you like to talk with them?

EM: snatching the phone from my mother's hand Hello? This crazy lady pulled out at a crazy high speed as I was driving down and my car is totaled. She is a maniac and should be arrested! She nearly killed my children.

She smirks at my mom

Now, on the road, there are skid marks leading to where the totaled car is. There are no skid marks leading to our car. That's pretty obvious to who was speeding and who was obeying the law. She sees me holding her daughter and touching her waist as I pull her out of the car.

EM: Put my daughter down, you pervert! I was confused. I was literally trying to save her kid's life.

I walked to the side walk and used my jacket as a sort of padding between her daughter and the ground. I check vitals, make sure that she would be all right. By this time the cops show up, and the EM is shrieking to them that I was taking advantage of her daughter and that my mom was intentionally trying to hurt her kid's (We've never met EM before). My sister has gone back to our house and got some water bottles, being thoughtful enough to get an entire cooler filled. The cops were thankful, as were the kids, who were pretty nice and calm throughout the whole ordeal.

I showed the cops my ID and explained my job position. They got an ambulance who confirmed that what I did was the right thing to do and the way I got the daughter out of the car was the best way possible.

We think that everything is going to be calm, but oh no. Cop: Mam, it's very obvious that you were the one who was speeding. I think it's more than fair if you don't get the lawyers involved and you each pay the respective damages.

EM: No way! She clearly wanted to kill my kids! She is a reckless driver and should be punished.

Another cop, who was taking my statement, said, "(Cop's name), this woman had one of her children in the front seat and neither kid in the back was wearing a seatbelt."

We also had a digital speed camera up on the road, and a third cop went to go check it. EM not only went 75mph on a 35mph zone, but she started her speeding at the school zone WHILE THE SCHOOL WAS LETTING OUT, meaning kids where everywhere.

She was promptly arrested, and the kids' dad was called, who profusely apologized, and they went to the hospital that the daughter was taken to.