LoOOOOOOooooOooooOng

ED tries to steal my dog in broad daylight when I turn down his offer to buy my dog off me

This is a story from June of 2017, but ma doggy's 3rd birthday is in a couple of days (March 8) and it reminded me of this incident.

Anyway, in June of 2017, I decided to take my shih tzu Ozzie to this park near my house that has a lot of big hills and an off-leash area for doggies to run around and hang out with other dogs. On this day, it was around 5 PM, and although it was a nice and cool evening, Ozzie was the only dog there. So I let him loose and he ran around, rolled on the grass, chased moths, the whole shebang. I should mention there were also a lot of people chilling on the grass, maybe 10 or so other people enjoying the park with me.

A little while later, I see a family come by. There's ED and three children, one boy and two girls—the kids couldn't be older than 6 or 7. In my completely unbiased opinion, Ozzie is an extremely cute lil pooch which is why he gets a good amount of attention whenever we go out.

The little kids come up to Ozzie and one of the girls asks if they can pet him. I say yes and they start gently petting. Ozzie just soaks it all up with a big, happy doggy smile. Everything goes extremely well, they ask me his name, how old he is, if he's a boy dog or a girl dog...usual stuff. The boy commented on how soft Ozzie's fur is and then followed it up with a comment something along the lines of "OUR dog isn't this soft!!" which made me lol.

The kids run off after a few minutes. Enter ED, who'd quietly been watching the whole time. Now he comes in and starts petting Ozzie too. He's not rough or anything so I'm like okay that's cool.

ED: Handsome boy!

Me: Thanks.

ED: What kind of dog is he?

Me: Shih tzu.

Etc etc. Basically asked me things the kids had already asked. Eh, I didn't mind answering a second time around so I just repeated what I said. He told me about his German shepherd and how much the kids love him and I'm like wow that's great. He's talking about how he's going through a divorce with his wife and he got the dog to distract his kids from all the kerfuffle. I'm a little surprised because that's what my mom did when she divorced my dad, except she got a cat for us. So I'm like ok that's pretty cool, good for you.

Then, he drops this bomb on me.

ED: How much?

I wasn't expecting that.

Me: Sorry?

ED: How much for the dog?

Me: Um. He's not for sale.

ED: I have four hundred bucks cash in my wallet right now.

Me: Sorry...no. Again, he's not for sale.

Suddenly ED doesn't seem so friendly anymore.

ED: Why not?

Me: Uh. Because I...love him?

ED: So?

Me: So I'm not going to just sell him like this.

ED: How old are you?

Me: ??? 17?

ED shuffles in a bit closer. I'm a little scared but I remember there are people around so he can't do anything fishy without somebody noticing.

ED: You going to college after you finish school?

Me: Yeah. University.

ED, slightly condescending: You know that students are always broke, right?

Me: Sure.

ED: I can give you money right now that'll help with textbooks or something.

Me: No thank you.

ED: Are you kidding me?

Me: N...no. I'm not gonna sell my dog to you. Or anyone. Sorry.

ED, more condescending now: How are you going to take care of him? You'll have no money, and you'll be at school all day so he'll be alone. Is that what you want?

Me: My mom takes care of him when I'm away.

ED: He can stay with my kids and my dog. He'll fit in perfect.

Me, growing increasingly annoyed: No, sorry.

I remember ED lowering his voice like he didn't want anyone else to hear him.

ED: Are you fucking serious?

Me, significantly more scared but determined to stand up for myself: Yes. I'm serious.

This next part really freaked the shit out of me as I always try to avoid conflict with anyone.

ED: Fuck you, bitch. I said give me your fucking dog right now. Don't make me repeat myself.

Now I'm really scared I just want him to leave me alone. I tell him no one last time.

Surprisingly, he leaves. He goes back to his kids and that's that.

I think to myself man, I really dodged a bullet. Holy fuck. I try to calm down and go back to playing with Ozzie.

Maybe ten or so minutes go by and I think it's time to get Ozzie and I home. I had let him wander off a few minutes prior and I spy him visiting a few other people sitting in the grass. I notice the ED and his kids heading down the hill. Ozzie follows them. More than slightly worried, I follow him.

ED sees Ozzie following him, stops, waits for Ozzie to catch up, AND THEN HE FUCKING SWOOPS HIM UP AND CARRIES HIM DOWN THE HILL.

My jaw dropped open. What. The fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

I hear one of the girls ask, "Daddy, are we keeping the puppy?" and the fucking ED replies with, "Yeeeeep."

I start yelling before I realize it. "Hey! HEY! THAT'S MY DOG! STOP!!" I don't know why I don't go down the hill. Maybe I was frozen in shock or something.

I notice my yelling grabs the attention of a few people on the grass. This guy in his mid 20s jumps up. "They got your dog?"

"Yes! That's my dog!"

My knight in shining armour speeds down the hill towards the ED's family, also shouting to let my dog go. I'm crying for real now, thinking there's going to be an altercation, or, god forbid, even worse, something physically happening to Ozzie. I'm beyond scared at this point, I'm almost fuckin hysterical.

Miraculously, after my knight talks to ED in front of his van, a few seconds go by before ED takes Ozzie off his shoulder, and fucking DUMPS him on the grass. Ozzie lands on his side but he quickly bounces back up onto his feet. Asshole. (I checked Ozzie to see if he was hurt, but he was fine.)

Then, like nothing happened, ED got in his car with the kids and drove off.

I remember thanking my knight like a billion times, thanking him for confronting this dude for me and saving my pooch. Then I grab Ozzie and fly home as fast as possible.

So far, I haven't seen ED or his family at the park, or anywhere else for that matter, but every time I go to that park, I make sure to a) bring somebody with me, as I was alone when ED approached me, b) maybe don't take Ozzie off his leash anymore, even in off-leash areas, and c) be very aware of the people who stop to say hi to him.

----------------

Thanks for 2k views!!!