EP gets mad there's nothing vegan to eat at a BBQ restaurant

Backstory: I worked at a BBQ restaurant from when I was 12 - 20 (my parents owned it) and I did everything from dishes, bussing, orders, food prep, alcohol, etc. I've done it all. Where I lived, the summer was the craziest. During every other season, it was dead. The summer saw all the crazies and stressed tourists (met some amazing people as well). Taking orders I've seen/heard it all. I get if people have a bad day they can not be as forgiving (however this isn't an excuse to be an ass).

EP - entitled witch K - entitled witch's kid M - me D - my Dad

Scene One: blistering hot day. line was out the door (this was a fast casual where you ordered at a counter), everyone was running around trying to do 100 tasks at once. I was working the cash register/taking orders. Enter EP and S

Me - Hi, how you doing?

EP - (kind of brushes me off) fine

Me - What can I get started for you today?

EP - Can my son and I see the vegan menu please?

Sidenote: Keep in mind the menu was right behind my head with every item clearly displayed

Me - I'm sorry ma'am we actually don't have a vegan menu but do you have any questions about other items?

EP - Well, what can I get here that's vegan?

Last side note: I'm actually vegan as well (I know working in a BBQ restaurant as vegan - but I've lost the taste after working there so long) so I can understand how it can be frustrating going places and not being able to find things to eat other than some lettuce scraps, but at least I'm not going into places where I know I can't get anything in the first place. She also wasn't standing with a husband or anyone else who looked like was going to order and may have brought them along with her (they were alone).

Me - Really the only thing we have is the side salad and we could do that without croutons (i.e. everything is made with meat, dairy, cooked in it)

EP: Well - we don't want salad, we want something BBQed.

Me, kind of stumped: I'm so sorry but that's the only vegan it-

EP, throwing her hands up and raising her voice: WELL what are we supposed to eat?!

Me: Uh

EP: Absolutely ridiculous that you cannot cater to those who are vegan/vegetarian,etc....

Me: I'm so sorry - it's just that we are a BBQ place that specializes in-

EP: Let me speak to the manager

At this point the line is freakishly long behind her and people are starting to stare and give her that WTF look. I go to grab my Dad who is unloading stuff from suppliers and I told him what was going on so he's already annoyed with the situation and knowing there's nothing he can do to help

D: Hi I heard there was an is-

EP: WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS and it's ridiculous that you have nothing AVAILABLE FOR MY SON AND I TO EAT. YOU ARE CUTTING A WHOLE GROUP OF PEOPLE OUT AS PAYING CUSTOMERS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Now my Dad is really accommodating and nice with customers but press him and he will not be kind.

D: Ma'am I am sorry you feel this way HOWEVER you walked into a BBQ restaurant. We serve BBQ, we're not a vegan place and don't claim to be. If you want vegan food, there's a great place down the street I can point the way to. The sign outside says BBQ, ribs, brisket, etc. - that's what we sell, and to walk into some place demanding a service/product that we don't advertise is on you. Now - we can make you up a big side salad and you can enjoy our patio but if you are going to yell at my daughter and disturb the peace of other customers, then I'd suggest the restaurant down the street.

EP, screeching: HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE WE ARE NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN YOU'LL HEAR ABOUT IT ON YELP. I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE OWNER HE WILL HEAR ALL ABOUT THIS

D: I am the owner

At this point the EP kind of screams insults and then storms out the door. My Dad then called the owner of the vegan place down the street (his friend) and let him know who may be coming his way. I got back to working and every customer who came up afterward that was behind her just shit talked her with me. Never saw a Yelp review. She gives vegans a bad rep.

Then everyone clapped (just kidding).