Fantastic homophobic experience at the local McDonald's

So for some background info: I'm gay, and not even 16. I work at the local McDonald's because why not I'm gonna want some money so I can eat something other than ramen during college. I clock out and head out to the main lobby and see my good friend is there. (He headed up here after a an extracurricular activity so he could carpool with me) He's a lot more straight than me, if not completely, yet we still enjoy each other quite a bit. Since I was a bit hungry after work since I hadn't eaten since about noon (it was around 7pm) I decided to grab a bite and take a table with him. I get my food and we sit down and start talking etc. Me, being my kinda stupid self, is being kinda flirty with him and we're laughing.

Cue the Entitled Mother and her younglings (dun dun dun...)

She hears us laughing and sees us sitting alone and I can sense that she's shooting us a few glances. My friend didn't get any food because he wasn't hungry and he was also born Type 1 Diabetic (poor thing), yet I turned my box of fries towards him and he takes a few.

Apparently the mother had enough of us and came over to confront us, but specifically me. I'm also sure you guys have read enough of these to know the common names for main characters, but I'll make a little cast for any newbies here:

Me: (funny joke about it being me) F: friend M: mother K's: the mother's nice kids Cw: legendary coworker (girl)

M: Hey what are you two doing (looking at me) Me: Uh we're just eating lady M: Well I don't quite think K's want to see two kids like you guys (her kids were the nicest and most down to earth of what I can assume this mother's family) Me: Excuse me? M: You know what you're doing! (slightly raising voice, not quite noticeable yet) Me: Uhm sorry for whatever we're doing to offend you..? M: Ugh I just hate gays in public; they taint the eyes of my children! Why did you have to give him your fries! You two clearly are gay! F: Ma'am he just gave me some fries as I could not eat earlier because of a medical condition (points to the insulin pump on his arm) Please stop... Me: Yeah we're just friends, no need to be angry with us... (anger began to build in me as this lady was insulting us) M: I don't care if this "friend" of yours had cancer! I do NOT want my children seeing this! (i glanced over to K's and they are just fine. hell, they might've even grabbed some imaginary popcorn for the shitstorm that was about to make landfall) Me: What did you just say about F here? M: I don't believe I stuttered. LEAVE or I will call the police! (since we were sitting somewhat close to the counter some of my older (and larger) friends began to notice the commotion and one of them came out to see what was happening)

Cw: Is everything okay here? M: NO! These two kids here are exposing my kids to HOMOSEXUALITY! REMOVE them from the restaurant! Cw: One of these kids happens to be my coworker and I also know that his friend has a medical condition, so his (my) actions are completely justifiable. Please leave them alone ma'am. M: NO! I want them gone! Me: What!? Can you not handle friendliness!? (Cw knew I was gonna try to milk this situation and have some fun even though I still felt bad for F) M: (to Cw) Can I please speak to someone of AUTHORITY? Cw: Sure ma'am! He'll be right out.

M continues to tell us off and rant about how much of a failure we both were and that I should be fired. General homophobic stuff. F and I knew to not be offended, so we decided to do a bit of antagonizing)

Me: Does it offend you if we do this? (i went over and hugged f)

M flipped shit and yanked her kids out of their booth at mach 3 up to the front counter and asked for not only the manager but also a refund.

Cw2: Sorry ma'am I cannot give you a refund as you have already eaten most of your meal... M: But these two f*ggots here upset my kids!!! (not true: they looked as if they were trying not to laugh at M yet were still embarrassed)

The manager comes up to the front and explains that he can't give her a refund and also to not call us names or else the police would be involved.

After more of her sputtering, she seemed out of energy and tore from the building with K's pretty much as ragdolls)

Manager apologized for her behavior and noted that it was a good move to annoy her to make her leave faster (he heard when Cw asked him to go up front but he watched the security cameras in the back and saw what we did)

After all was said and done, Cw comes up and jokes that "F and you seem to be getting serious" and F looked a bit flustered. We then left thinking what the hell just happened. We decided not to tell my mother about it as we don't want her to think we're "a thing