EM calls police on me because I did not let her child hurt my traumatized dog

EM - Entitled Mother SB - Spoiled Brat

Let me give you some background information so you can understand the entire story. My significant other and I rescued a standard poodle for a highly abusive situation in the beginning of January. He was a tiny puppy and had already had issues with mobility because of the abuse. my significant other is not a dog person, and was hesitant about rescuing, but I had lost a dog in my previous relationship to an abusive partner. After meeting Apollo, we took him home the same day. It's been amazing ever since.

I ensured that Apollo was put into training as soon as he was fully vaccinated and we have been working with a private trainer 2x a week for 10 weeks. Because of his abuse, we are working through a lot of anxiety and self-confidence issues, although have been thankful that Apollo has not exhibited any aggression. I love him dearly and was surprised to find that he improved my mental health. Last month, my psychiatrist approved him as an emotional support dog for me. We definitely rescued each other.

Twice-weekly, my significant other and I take Apollo to a local dog park. We have been here so often, that he knows all of the other dogs and we have alto of fun. We are there for usually two hours and go for a walk on an 'unleashed dogs only' trail to practice off leash commands.

So, we are there, fully enjoying ourselves. My significant other is playing fetch with Apollo and one of the local huskies. I am sitting on a bench and taking videos of them playing. My attention is grabbed by a mother and young child (maybe 6 years old) coming though the entrance gate to the large dog park, without a dog. I get my boyfriend's attention, as I don't like children and want to leave if there was going to be a small child inside the park. I can hear him screeching all the way from the bench and my partner knows exactly what's going on. He begins to walk over to me, Apollo following closely, as I have his leash.

SB rushes over to my dog workout asking and starts trying to grab at Apollo. Apollo begins yelping, as he is extremely sensitive to fast movements because of his history. He curls up under my boyfriend's legs and SB continues to try to grab at him. I can tell that my significant other is shocked and doesn't know what to do. This is happened in the span of a couple of seconds, and I'm already up on my feet rushing over and trying to comfort Apollo.

I can hear EM getting closer to her child and feel a sense of relief, because there's no way that any mother would allow their child to act like that. I get to my dog and I immediately throw the child's hand off of my dog's ears. Apollo is still yelping loudly and I am creating a physical barrier with myself between my animal and SB. I am shaking and I swear that I'm on the edge of a panic attack. My significant other puts his hands on my shoulders, further creating a barrier between this child and Apollo.

EM is now inches from my significant others face, screaming "DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TOUCH MY CHILD." Apollo is too large for me to pick up, so I strap his leash on him and hand him to my boyfriend. I immediately go right back into attack mode and yell "DON'T LET YOUR FUCKING KID TOUCH MY DOG." And then a little bit calmer "He has trauma issues and he could bite." Mind you, Apollo has never shown the tiniest bit of aggression in his life, but you never know with kids grabbing on a dog that they don't know.

She immediately yells back "well maybe you shouldn't have your stupid mutt in the dog park if he bites." I can hear one of the local owners coming up to my side to defend me. He starts to explain that we come to the dog park weekly, and that Apollo knows all of the dogs there. EM reaches out and tries to grab Apollo's leash from my boyfriend, which I slap her arm away. My previous military experience has made me an aggressive individual and I rarely back down from arguments. Despite me resembling a small little girl, I'm definitely not somebody that you want to mess with, especially regarding my dog.

I knew that I had made a mistake as soon as my hand touched her. She recoiled like I had placed her hand on a hot stove and she started to cry. "I'm calling the police" she wined out "you've assaulted me." I rolled my eyes, and took a step away to leave with my dog. This is one of those moments where I knew that staying wouldn't help the situation. This lady was obviously insane. as my boyfriend and I turned to leave she screamed out "AND YOUR DOG BIT MY CHILD."

We leave with Apollo is EM and SB sit at the park for an hour waiting for the police. The other owners ask us to stay and we sit in our car and wait.